GST Registration Cancellation In Palakkad
GST registration cancellation in Palakkad is only possible after the taxpayer has filed all the GST returns. The applicant has to file all the overdue before the GST registration cancellation is initiated. In case if the GST holder has not filed the GSTR 1 and GSTR 3B he cannot proceed with the process of GST Registration cancellation in Palakkad. The applicant is thus required to make an application in form GST REG 16 to cancel the GST registration.
Iinformation to be provided for canceling the GST registration in Palakkad?
- The address of the applicant, the mobile number, and the email address
- The reason for canceling the GST registration is also to be mentioned
- The desired date to cancel the GST registration
- Particulars of the goods and the tax that is payable on the inputs, the available inputs that are the finished, semi-finished goods as well as the stock of the capital good and the plants and the machinery.
- The content of registration if the entity has been merged, amalgamated, or transferred,
- The content of the latest GST returns filing by the taxpayer along with the ARN of the particular return.
When can the GST registration in Palakkad be canceled?
GST registration in Palakkad can be canceled by the GST office if:
- In case the registered person has not conducted any business from the declared place of the business,
- The invoices or the bills that are issued without any supply of the Goods or the services violating the GST Act or the GST rules.
- If in caser the person is having a GST registration and has not filed the GST returns from the past 6 months.
- The officer will issue a notice to the taxpayer whose GST registration in Palakkad is to be canceled, a show-cause notice within seven working days is required. The person is required to reply within the specified period or the GST registration will get canceled.
Voluntary cancellation by the registered person:
GST Registration cancellation in Palakkad can be initiated by a person under the following circumstances:
- Discontinuance or closure of business
- Transfers of business, amalgamation, merger, de-merger, lease
- There is a change in the constitution of business
- If the turnover reduces below the threshold of GST registration
- Death of the sole proprietor
For any doubts related to GST registration cancellation in Palakkad talk to our experts at IndiaFilings today.
- The registered person under GST does not conduct any business from the declared place of business or
- Issues the invoices or bills without the supply of goods or services by violating the GST Act or GST rules.
- In case the person has GST, registration but has not filed GST returns for Six months.