Uttarakhand Society Registration
Uttarakhand Society Registration
Society is recognised as a group of the person associated together for the specified purpose which results in a non-profitable service. Societies registered under the Uttarakhand Societies Registration Act, 1860, holds the state of a legal entity. Registration of society is performed through the Office of Registrar of Society under the Uttarakhand Government. In this article, we look at the process for Uttarakhand society registration in detail.
Societies Registration Act, 1860
According to Society Registration Act, registration of society should contain any seven or more person associated for any literary, scientific, charitable purpose or any such purpose as per the section 20 under the Act, by including their names into a memorandum of association and the same has to registered in the appropriate application form at the time of society registration.
Purpose of Society Registration
As per the section 20, the societies can be registered for the following purposes under the Society Registration Act.
- Promotion of science, education, the literature of fine arts.
- Diffusion of valuable knowledge.
- Managing of libraries or reading rooms for common use among the members or upon to the public.
- Diffusion of political education
- Establishing and maintenance of galleries of paintings and other works of art.
- Establishment and maintenance of public museums.
- Collection of natural history, mechanical and philosophical inventions, instructions or designs.
- Promotion of social welfare.
Memorandum of Association
The memorandum of association will include the following particulars:
- The name of the society.
- The object of the organisation.
- The name, address, and occupation of the governors.
- The name, address, and occupation of the directors.
- The name, address, and occupation of the board or any other governing body.
Note: A copy of the rules and regulations of the society, certified by the governing body has to be filed with the memorandum of association.
Bye-Laws of Society
The Registrar will not allow any memorandum for registration of society until a copy of its regulations follows it. The law contains the following particulars:
- The composition of the Governing Body.
- The maintenance of the register of members and facilities for inspection by the members.
- The mode of election or appointment and resignation or removal an of the persons of the Governing Party, the President, the Secretary and other officers.
- The procedure for holding meetings of the organisation, quorum, the period of notice for meetings, the method of voting, and the manner of voting by proxy, where such voting is allowed.
- The maintenance and audit of accounts.
- The inspection of accounts and the proceedings of meetings, by the members of the society.
The documents which are needed are to be attached along with the application form.
- Copy of the Confirmation of Resolution
- Bye-law of the Society.
- Memorandum of Society approved by the President/Secretary of the Society in each page.
- Resolution of the General Body Meeting.
- House rent contract along with a copy of the R.O.R.
- Self-attested copy of the identity records of all persons of the Governing Body.
- Affidavit of the secretary or president in original.
The applicant has to remit the following applicable charges listed below:
- The application fee for registering society registration is Rs.50/-
- Blank non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 3/- in the name of society attached on the application form.
- Urgent copy of certificate Rs. 200/- per Registration or Renewal Certificate.
- Ordinary copy of certificate Rs. 100/- per Registration or Renewal Certificate.
- Urgent copy of documents Rs.120/- per page.
- Ordinary copy of documents Rs.60/- per page.
Application Procedure for Society Registration
To register for Society registration in Uttarakhand, follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit the official portal of Uttarakhand Government.
Step 2: Click on “Society related forms” which is below the downloads option.
Step 3: On the next page select the application form for society registration.
Step 4: Now, the applicant can download the application form.
Step 5: Fill the application form with the appropriate details and attach the required documents along with the application.societyregistration_1
Step 6: Submit the application form to the nearby Registrar office for verification.
Note: The applicant will receive the receipt from the concerned authority as the acknowledgement for further reference.
Issuance of Certificate of Registration
The certified copy of society registration will be issued by the concerned authority after verification to the applicant within five working days from the date of application.
Income Tax eFiling
We have made the Income Tax eFiling, simple and easy. File your income tax return online with the dedicated Tax Experts support from IndiaFilings.
IndiaFilings.com (ERI ID: ERIA100945) is an Income Tax Department authorised eReturn Intermediary.