Unemployment Allowance Scheme
Unemployment Allowance Scheme
The Government of Himachal Pradesh under the Department of Labour and Employment has launched the Unemployment Allowance Scheme. This scheme intends to diminish the unemployment problems of the economically weaker section of the society, particularly among the educated and unemployed youth. Under this scheme, the government will grant maximum assistance of Rs.1500 to every unemployed youth in Himachal Pradesh. In this article, we look at the Unemployment Allowance Scheme in detail.
Objective of the Scheme
The main objective of the unemployment scheme is to provide allowance to the eligible educated unemployed youth and enable them to sustain themselves for a certain period.
The grant of unemployment allowance will be provided with those who fulfil the following conditions:
- The applicant must be the resident of the state of Himachal Pradesh.
- The applicant should have passed minimum 10th or 12th from any recognised board/University/Institution of Himachal Pradesh.
- The applicant has to register with any employment exchange in Himachal Pradesh as on the date of application since a year.
- The applicant family annual income from any source of income should not be more than Rs.2 lakhs.
- The applicant age limit must be 20 to 35 years at the time of applying for the scheme.
- The applicant should not be self-employed or a dismissed Government employee.
- The applicant punished for committing any criminal offence is not eligible to apply for the scheme.
- The applicant who is pursuing any course is not eligible.
- The applicant should not any financial assistance or any other loan related to unemployment.
Rate of Unemployment Allowance
The allowance to unemployment youth is payable for a maximum period of two years subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria and timely submission of attested copies of matriculation mark sheet/ certificate to a certain age, education qualification certificate, affidavit, the self-declaration as per the form, at the following rates:
- The assistance at the rate of Rs.1500 will be provided monthly for the physically challenged person who has a minimum 50% permanent disability recorded in Employment Exchange record.
- For all other categories of persons, the assistance at the rate of Rs.1000/- per month will be provided.
The power to sanction Allowance is in charge of the concerned Regional/District Employment Exchange, who act as the Disbursing Officer under this Scheme.
Stop or recovery of the Allowance
The concerned authority empowered to sanction the allowance can perform the following:
- Stop the payment of the allowance to the applicant if the allowance is no more payable due to any change in the circumstances which was sanctioned earlier.
- Withdraw or withhold the payment of allowance in any stage if it is found that the allowance sanctioned by mistakenly or due to on false information. The amount of allowance already paid can also be recovered.
Note: In the case of the death of the applicant, the allowance payable will be discontinued, and if the applicant dies before receiving any payment, then the amount will be automatically forwarded to the Government.
The following documents are to be produced with the application form:
- Original copy of application form.
- Attested copy of Employment Registration Card (X-10) has to be enclosed.
- Certified copy of family income certificate issued by Executive Magistrate.
- Certified copy of Bonafide Himachali Certificate issued by Executive Magistrate is required.
- Copy of self-certified declaration as performs ‘C’.
- Attested copies of 10th /12th certificate issued by competent authority to ascertain age and educational qualification.
Application Procedure – Offline
To apply for the unemployment allowance scheme, kindly follow the below-given steps:
Approach Employment Exchange Office
The applicant has to approach the nearest Employment Exchange Office for the registration of the unemployment allowance scheme and then collect the application form from the concerned authority of Employment Exchange of Himachal Pradesh. Fill the application form with the details and sent the duly completed application form by speed post or be delivered at that Employment Exchange office.
The application form for the unemployment allowance scheme is reproduced below for the ready reference.form 1 (1)
Submit the Application
After the initial filing of the claim in the prescribed form, every applicant is required to submit Affidavit/Self Declaration as Form C, in the subsequent month of March to the Employment Exchange. On receipt of the application, the applicant will be issued with an acknowledgement number for further reference.
Verification of Application
The Employment Exchange will verify the applications received and decide regarding the allowance within 45 days, and in case of the claim rejection, suitable orders will be issued under intimation to the applicant.
If the applicant is aggrieved by any decision intimated to them as per the rules, the applicant will file an appeal to the Director whose decision thereon will be final.
Remittance of Allowance
The Unemployment Allowance will be sanctioned to the eligible applicant, and the same will be distributed in the following month. The allowance will be payable for the period commencing from the date of application and credited to the applicant by RTGS, NEFT, ECS through the bank as specified in the application form every month.
Application Procedure – Online
To register for unemployment allowance in the Himachal Pradesh. Kindly follow the below steps to get registered online.
Step 1: The applicant has to access the Labour and Employment Department of Himachal Pradesh to apply for the Unemployment Allowance scheme.
Step 2: Now, Register into the portal as the new user to apply for the scheme.
Step 3: Click on the “Online Registration” menu, which is displayed on the webpage of the portal.
Step 4: The applicant needs to enter the mandatory details on the form.
Step 5: Then click on the “Register” button for successful registration.
Step 6: After registration, the applicant will have to click on the “Online Application Submission” link that is visible on the portal.
Step 7: Upon clicking on the link, it redirects to the Application Form on the new page.
Step 8: After that, the applicant will be required to fill the application form with all the required details.
Step 9: Then, upload all the supporting documents onto the portal before applying.
Step 10: Finally, the applicant will have to click on the Submit icon.
Step 11: The applicant will get a message like registration is successful to their registered mobile number.
Step 12: Then, the applicant will be issued with an acknowledgement slip for further reference.
Step 13: The amount will be credited to the applicant’s bank account by NEFT/RTGS/ECS through Banks as mentioned above, every month at the cost of the State Government.