Tripura Society Registration
Tripura Society Registration
Society or association is an organised group of people with an aim and objective of providing non-profitable service. Tripura Societies Registration Act, 1860, lays down the procedure for society registration and operation in Tripura. Society have to be registered with the concerned Registrar in which district the association is planned to be established. Registration of society will have legal recognition, and it will be possible to run association legally. In this article, we look at the procedure for completing Tripura Society registration in detail. In case you require assistance for Tripura Society Registration, please get in touch with an IndiaFilings Advisor at [email protected]
Tripura Society Registration Act, 1860
According to this registration act, Society is an association of individuals/peoples united together by mutual agreement to determine, deliberate and act jointly for the below-mentioned purposes:
- Charitable purposes
- The military orphan funds
- Societies established at some residencies of India
- Society established for the promotion of science and literature
- For the promotion of fine arts for instruction, the diffusion of useful knowledge,
- The diffusion of political education
- The foundation or maintenance of libraries
- Reading-room for general use among the members or open to the public
- Public museums and galleries of paintings and other works of art
- Collections of natural history, mechanical
- Philosophical inventions, instruments, or designs
Any seven people associated for above-mentioned purposes can be subscribing their names to Memorandum of Association (MOA) and filling the same with the Registrar of Societies.
Acceptable Name for Society
As per the provision of Prevention of Improper Use Act, 1950 and Tripura Societies Registration Act, 1860 within the same place, two societies should not have similar names. Below mentioned names are also not allowed for society registration.
Following words are not allowed to use Society’s Nomenclature:
- Union, State, Mortgage, Gandhi, Reserve Bank
- Any word implying the sanction, approval
- Patronage of Central or State Government
- Names prohibited or registered by State or Central Government through executive instructions
- Government Emblems and Names are not acceptable.
- Name of Indian Institute or University also cannot be registered.
Evidence of Society Registration
Upon registering a society in Tripura, Certificate of Registration Memorandum of Association (MOA) will be issued. These documents serve as an evidence for Society registration in Tripura.
Certificate of Registration
A certificate of registration signed by the Registrar will be conclusive evidence that the society is duly registered.
Memorandum of Association (MOA)
MOA of Society is also called as NGO registration form; MOA contains following things:
- Name of the society
- Objective of the Society
- The names, occupation and address of the Directors, Governors, Council, Committee or another Governing body.
- Copies of Rules and Regulation of the society
Bye-Laws of Society
For registering society in Tripura, Bye-laws of Society need to be furnished. The bye-laws contain provisions in respect of following matters.
- Information related to activities of the organisation.
- Society membership details include admission, eligibility, withdrawal & termination of members.
- Details of the manner of meetings to be held, quorum, function & responsibilities.
- Information of office bearers and their appointment, removal, recall and election.
- Finances related data such as types of funds to be raised and liability of members for the discharge of debts.
- Internal matters of the settlement of dissolution and internal disputes of the society.
Note: According to the Society Registration Act, the by-laws should be witnessed by 2 witnesses apart from the notary who will not be the members.
Documents required for registering society in Rajasthan are listed as follows:
Documents for New Registration Proposal
- Resolution copy of the first organisation meeting on the formation of society
- Three copies of bye-laws duly filled
- Visit note along with the specific recommendation of concern circle inspector on the proposal
- Nomenclature of the organization No-objection certificate along with latest khatian or with following
- House tax receipt
- Rent receipt
- Copy of electric bill
- Certification from any Gazetted officer with a declaration about the genuinely of the applicants and their signature
- Identity Proof – Voter ID, Aadhaar Card or Ration Card
- Copy of Government notification in case of Government sponsored society
- NOC from the concerned authority in respect of the promoter members who are in Government services
- In case of registration for temple, masjid, Gurdwa – Proof establishing legal component and control
Note: No –objection certificate may not require in case of the society has its own land or premises.
Documents in case of Amendment of bye-laws
- Copy of first and second notice issued to all members of the society for an exceptional General meeting regarding the amendment of bye-laws of the society
- Minute’s copy of both special General meeting with adopted the text bye-laws
- Text Bye-Laws – 3 copies
- List of the executive committee of the society for last three years
- Audited accounts for previous three years
For registering each copy of Memorandum of association (MOA) and filing certified copy Rs.50 have to be paid to the concerned Registrar.
Tripura Society Registration Procedure
Procedure for registering society under Society registration Act is explained in detail below.
Approach Cooperative Inspector
Step 1: Applicant has to submit the Registration proposal/ Amendment proposal along with required documents to the concerned cooperative Inspector.
Application form for Registration of a Co-operative Society With Limited / Unlimited Liability the registration of Amendment of the bye-Laws of the Co-operative Society is reproduced here.Application Tripura Society
Step 2: On applying, you will be provided with an acknowledgement slip.
Inspection By Circle Inspector
Step 3: Circle inspector will verify the application and supporting documents.
Step 4: Once the documents are verified, Circle Inspector will inspect society registration and issue visit note.
Verification By DRCS/ARCS
Step 5: If document verification and inspections are found satisfactory, the proposal will be submitted to DRCS/ARCS.
Step 6: After verification, DRCS/ARCS will forward the proposal to concern Registering Authority with a specific recommendation.
Get Certificate of Registration
Step 7: Registrar will issue a certificate of registration after verifying the documents.
Step 8: Registrar will update the society details in State society registration register.