The Government of Chattisgarh has launched the ‘Startup Chhattisgarh’ initiative. The main objective of this initiative is to develop entrepreneurship and to promote innovation. Under this initiative, the Chattisgarh government aims at nurturing startup companies on the specified sectors like healthcare, animal husbandry, and value-addition of core sector products. In this article, we look at the Start-Up Chattisgarh in detail.
To promote sustainable growth in the innovation-based economy and develop entrepreneurial spirit across the state.
The Objectives of the ‘Start-up Chhattisgarh’ are as follows:
- To establish a technology-based business incubator in the state.
- To promote equality by encouraging women in entrepreneurship.
- To conduct start-up boot camps in academics covering schools and universities.
- To build start-up infrastructure such as accelerator, incubators, research and development centre by linking innovative companies with the state.
- To be recognised as one of the leading hubs of innovation and entrepreneurship in the world.
- To enable the citizens of the state to associate with the startups to have a higher quality of life.
Innovative businesses covered
The ‘Start-Up Chattisgarh’ will focus on innovative businesses in the following areas:
- Established core sectors like Iron, Steel, Aluminium, Coal, Power etc.
- Internet of Things (IoT) and Wearable Technologies
- Web and Mobile Technology
- Social Mobility Analytics and Cloud (SMAC)
- Financial Technologies (Fin Tech) with a focus on financial inclusion and mobile commerce (m-commerce).
- Healthcare Technology
- MSME sector to increase efficiency and new solutions for the cluster-based approach
- Social Innovation for empowering citizens
- Emerging industries of the State such as Defence, Automotive, Agro Processing, ESDM and Biotechnology
- Renewable Energy
- Safe and Smart Cities, and Smart Villages
Funding and State Support
The fund will be released for setting up the core Incubator-cum Accelerator for at least 3 years. The fund can be used for the following purpose:
- For setting up of infrastructure and office space
- For bearing the operating expenditure
- For organising international, national and local events
- For organising training in academic institutions like schools and universities
- For providing financial support to start-up
The fund will be provide up to Rs. 50 lakhs of an interest-free loan to start-ups selected in the State Incubator. Aside from this a Venture Capital Fund of more than Rs. 100 Crore for investment in a startup would be mobilised by the State Nodal Agency leveraging various sources of funding for entrepreneurs and start-ups. From venture capital fund the separate fund will be allocated for women innovators to motivate and empower women entrepreneurs in the state.
To register for ‘Startup Chattisgarh’, follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Kindly visit the official website of Startup Chattisgarh.
Step 2: Click on Startup Registration link which is present on the home page of the portal.
Step 3: Register with the necessary details such as enterprise name, PAN number, representative name, mobile number, email ID – to create user ID and password.
Step 4: After registration, “Startup Application” to be accessed and fill with the following details:
- Registered Company
- Name of the Company
- Incorporation/ Registration Number
- Incorporation/ Registration Date
- Sector – Category
- PAN Number
- Detailed Address
- Authorised Representative Details
- Details of Directors/ Partners
Step 5: On submission, the application will be reviewed by the Officer from Department of Commerce and Industries (Nodal Department), the state startup certificate will be issued within 10 days of applying after all the submitted documents are verified.