Reliance Mutual Funds
Reliance Mutual Funds
Reliance Mutual Funds (RMF) was formed in the year 1995 as a trust-based entity sponsored by Reliance Capital Limited (RCL). Since its inception, it has scaled to across 160 Indian cities, with a portfolio of 800 scheme options. This article outlines the various aspects of these funds for the awareness of a prospective investor.
Types of Mutual funds
Reliance Mutual funds offer investors with the following mutual fund portfolios:
- Debt Funds
- Diversified Large-Cap Funds
- Exchange Traded Funds
- Diversified Multi-Cap Funds
- Sector Funds
- Diversified Small-Cap and Mid-Cap Funds
- Tax-Saving Funds
- Index Funds
- Arbitrage Funds
- Balanced Funds
- International Funds
- Liquid Funds
- Gold Funds
Debt funds are saving instruments which provide medium returns with enhanced safety and reliability, especially when compared to equity funds. Here’s a glimpse of the various forms of debt funds offered under these realms:
- Ultra-Short Term – a fixed-income instrument with short-term maturity.
- GILT – makes investments in government securities.
- Short Term – makes investments in bonds which are superior with a low-risk potential.
- Long-Term – gains maturity within a span of ten years
- Monthly Income Plan – yes, it provides income on a month-on-month basis.
- Dynamic – the investment option facilitates the interchanging of short and long-term investment instruments.
- Equity Funds – are invested in stocks or equities in the mutual fund market. The potential for risk ranges between medium-high level. This provides dynamic Return on Investments (ROI).
Diversified Large-Cap Funds
These funds play the role of neutralizing all risk factors. This is ensured by facilitating the spread of total investments across various securities.
Exchange Traded Funds
Exchange-Traded Funds (ETF) make investments in various securities, being traded during a given day.
Diversified Multi-Cap Funds
These funds are invested in various securities irrespective of the factor of market capitalization.
Sector funds operate in a manner that befits its name, as these funds invest in versatile sectors such as oil, finance, infrastructure, etc.
Diversified Small-Cap and Mid-Cap Funds
These funds make investments in diverse small and medium instruments.
Tax-saving funds or Equity Linked Saving Scheme (ELSS) comes with a gamut of tax benefits which are rendered under Section 88 of the Income Tax Act.
Such funds are formulated to track specific indexes, a few examples of which could be S&P 500 and Sensex.
Arbitrage funds are utilized to conduct smart trade. As is suggestive, this is a fund system wherein lower-priced securities are simultaneously procured in the market so at to re-sell it in another marker for a relatively higher price.
These funds are known for holding debts and equity fund instruments in equal proportions.
These funds are invested in international securities.
These funds are supplemented for short-term funds and are invested in low-risk money markets with a lock-in period that ranges from nil to minimal.
Gold funds are invested in gold or traded stocks of gold-mining companies. It allows investors to purchase pure gold at lower prices so as to resell them in the market at linked prices.
Investments for RMF could be remitted online through any of the following options:
The official portal of Reliance Mutual Funds provides for the remittance of investments on a twenty-four-hour basis. This easy to use website also provides access to a host of other pertinent transactions.
The Reliance Mutual Fund app helps in pursuing online transactions in a manner which is simple, safe and easy to use. Prominently, it provides the investors with a single-step option of making investments – courtesy the ‘Simply Save’ option.
The units of Reliance Mutual Fund could be subscribed or redeemed through MFSS Platform (NSE) and BSE Star Platform (BSE). Units purchased through such platforms will be credited to the investors DEMAT account.
The Advantage of RMF
- The portfolio of RMF offers investors with a comprehensive range of investment instruments.
- The mutual fund group has an extensive distribution network, which, as already observed, extends to 160 Indian cities.
- The services provided by these funds are reportedly among the best in the country.
- The unit holds lineage with major brands, the likes of which includes the Nippon Group.
- The entity is known for providing simplified investment solutions to customers.
- The RMF team is known for its expertise in handling different asset classes & sectors.
Post by Sreeram Viswanath
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.