PNB Loan for Professionals
PNB Loan for Professionals
Punjab National Bank (PNB) offers professional loans for qualified professionals to expand the practice or to start a new business. The scheme aims to help self-employed individuals, firms, associations and joint ventures.
Objectives of the Loan
- To provide financial assistance for professionals to purchase equipment for self-employment.
- Provide loans with minimum risk and documentation
- Encourage young, and professional entrepreneurs establish their firm or enterprise
Features of the Loan
- The loan is a term loan or an overdraft for the service sector and manufacturing sector.
- Offers to set up a new business or enhance their practice or take up self-employment, who has the relevant degree or certification
- Applies for individuals already practising or those who wish to start a new practice.
- The loan is available to individuals, private limited company, partnership, associations, limited company and limited liability partnership.
- The finance is also provided for construction, purchase, alteration, addition, furnishing and renovation of the workplace.
- The loan is made available to meet the working capital requirements for day to day operations in practice.
In case of an account covered under Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGTMSEs), there is no collateral security for loans up to Rs.10 lakh. The loan will be covered on merits under the Credit Guarantee Scheme.
In case of procuring loans under the Credit Guarantee Scheme above Rs.10 lakh and up to Rs.100 lakh, collateral or third-party guarantee is not required. However, there is a requirement of the personal guarantee of the partners in case of a limited liability partnership.
For those accounts not covered under the CGTMSE, collateral security and third-party guarantee are required for loans above Rs.10 lakh to Rs.20 lakh.
For loans exceeding Rs.20 lakh, there is a requirement of equitable mortgage of immovable property which is equal to 100% of the loan amount. If the land or building is financed by the bank, and the same is mortgaged as primary security, there is no need for collateral security. Additionally, the property should not be used for any other commercial purposes.
If the value of the land and building is less than 110% of the loan amount, there will be a requirement of collateral security to provide for the shortfall from 110%.
The loan is available for the following professional individuals having a degree/certification:
- Media and Journalism
- Engineering and Technical
- Business Management
- Foreign Language
- Fine Arts
- Certified Tax Return individuals/agencies
Note: The loan is available to qualified individuals, excluding medical professionals and traders.
Quantum of Loan
The minimum amount of loan is Rs.1 lakh, and the maximum is based on the project and profile of the applicant.
Tenure of the Loan
The maximum tenure of the loan is 7 years.
Duration for Repayment
The duration for loan repayment is six months. However, the duration can be increased to 18 months, depending on the size of the project.
For applicants other than individuals and associations, there is a minimum stake requirement of 75% equity held by qualified professionals.
For associations, 75% of the members should be qualified professionals. However, it can be reduced to 50% based on the merits of the case.
For self-employed professionals, the total deduction should not exceed 60% of the salary or income.
If there is a requirement for a license to initiate a business or practise a profession, the eligibility for advances will only be complete after the insurance of a valid license.
- Detailed Project Report (DPR)
- A copy of documents such as:
- Qualification proof for highest professional degree
- Bank statement of the previous 6 months
- Latest ITR along with computation of income
- Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss account for the last 2 years, authorised by CA Certified/Audited
- Declaration Or Certified Copy of Partnership Deed
- Copy of Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Certified copy of the license for the record of the bank
For more financial assistance to start a business, click here