The Government of India has launched a new scheme named KUSUM (Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Uhaan Mahaabhiyan) to subsidise the farmers with solar irrigation pumps (SIPs) in their farms. Under this scheme, the government will provide a 60% subsidy to a farmer for setting up of pump sets and tube wells on their land. In this article, we look at the Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Uhaan Mahaabhiyan scheme in detail.
To know about Small Farmer Certificate
Objective of the Scheme
The main aim of this Kusum Yojana is to provide farmers with advanced technology to generate power. These solar pumps have double benefits as it will assist farmers in irrigation and will also allow farmers to generate safe energy. As these pump sets comprise of an energy power grid, farmers can sell the extra power directly to the government which would also increase their income.
Benefits of Kusum Yojana
The following are the list of benefits under Kusum Yojana
- Farmers will be provided with the option to sell the extra power directly to the government that would help the farmers with additional income.
- The government has also taken the initiative to construct plants, that would generate solar power. As per the draft, these plants are capable of generating a total of 28,250 MW power.
- Apart from the solar power plants, the government work towards the new solar pumps with the diesel pumps that holds the capacity of 720 MW.
- This scheme also provides farmers with the opportunity to earn extra money by installing solar pumps. The amount of energy generated extra, can be sold to the government.
- Every farmer will be getting a huge subsidy on this new and improved solar powered pumps. The farmers will have to raise only 10 per cent of the total cost for this purpose.
- The central government will be providing 60% subsidy to the eligible farmers on the total cost of the solar pump, and the remaining 30% of the cost will be provided as credit by the banks.
- The increased use of solar power and electricity from solar plants will lower the pollution level in the farm.
Subsidy for Farmers
The cost distribution for setting up of pumps and tube-wells is as follows:-
|Central Government||60% of the total cost as Subsidy|
|Banks||30% of total cost as Loans to Farmers|
|Farmers||10% of the total Cost|
Kusum Yojana Online Application Procedure
The farmers can apply for the Kusum Yojana through the following procedure specified below
Access the Portal
Step 1: First, the farmers have to visit the official website of Kusum Yojana.
Login to Portal
Step 2: Now, you can log in with the reference number on the homepage of the portal.
Step 3: After you have logged in to the portal, you can fill out the online application form to take the Kusum solar pump.
Apply for the Scheme
Step 4: The farmer has to click on the “Apply” button that is visible on the home page.
Step 5: Upon clicking on the apply button, the farmer will be taken to the registration page.
Step 6: The application form for the Kusum Yojana will be displayed on the screen as shown below:
Fill in the Right Credentials
Step 7: Now you need to enter all the requested details in the application form.
Step 8: Enter the details such as farmers name, mobile number, e-mail address and the other information.
Submit the Application Form
Step 9: After completing all the details, the farmer must click on the submit button to complete the registration process.
Step 10: On submitting the application form, the farmer will receive the message stating “Successfully Registered”.
Post by Sinduja Shankar
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.