JAVA Based ITR Filing Utility for MS Excel
JAVA Based ITR Filing Utility for MS Excel
The Income-tax Department announced that the taxpayers who are using Microsoft excel 2007 and below version for preparing the Income Tax Return using Department’s ITR Excel utility are requested to use the Java utilities published in the e-filing portal to generate of XMLs. The current article briefs the JAVA Based ITR Filing Utility for MS Excel.
Procedure to Download the Java utility
The taxpayer can download the Java utility by following the below-mentioned guidelines and then generate the XML and upload the same:
- Download java run-time Environment into the system. Click here to download JAVA for all operating system
- After downloading JAVA, access the official website of Income-Tax ‘e-Filing’ Portal. Go to the ‘Downloads’ option located below the login button –and then Click on ‘Income Tax Return Preparation Software’
- The taxpayer can select the type of ‘ITR’ form depending on the types of income you have received in the financial year for which the return is to be filed. After that click on ‘
- ‘Download’ link available under ‘Java Utility’ column
- Save the Zip file into the system and extract the downloaded ZIP file. Open the extracted ZIP file and Open the JAVA jar file
Procedure to download Pre-filled XML
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download Pre-filled XML
- Access the official website of Income-Tax ‘e-Filing’ Portal. After login to the portal, go to the ‘My Account’ menu located on the upper-left side of the page and click on the ‘Download Pre-filled XML option.
- The taxpayer can Select the ‘Assessment Year’ and ‘ITR Form Name’ from the dropdown list
- After that click on the ‘Continue’ option and choose the type of details. From the small dialogue box Click ‘Confirm’ and Click ‘Download XML
- Attach the ‘Pre-filled XML’ file which has been downloaded Attach the ‘Pre-filled XML’ file which has been downloaded
- Enter all the Mandatory details and validate all the sheets. By clicking on the Calculate Tax option, the amount payable will be calculated.
- Click ‘Generate XML’, by clicking on the ‘Save XML’ button, the taxpayer can save the XML file at your desktop
Upload the XML file at e-Filing Website
After saving the generated XML, Upload the XML file at the e-Filing Website, please follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Access the official website of Income-Tax ‘e-Filing’ Portal. After login to the portal, go to the e-File menu located on the upper-left side of the page and
- Click on the ‘ Income Tax Return option.
- Select the ‘Assessment Year’ and ‘ITR Form Name’ from the dropdown list
- Select the ‘Submission Mode’ as ‘Upload XML’ from the dropdown list
- Choose any one of the options to verify the Income Tax Return: Digital Signature Certificate (DSC).
Steps to register DSC
Follow the below-mentioned steps to register for DSC
- After login to the income tax e-filing portal, go to the ‘Profile Setting’ menu located at the upper-right side of the page and click ‘Register Digital Signature Certificate’ and then select the click here to download the DSC Utility’
Extract the downloaded DSC Utility and Open the Executable Jar File (DSC Utility).
Note: Read the instructions carefully
In the DSC Management Utility, go to the ‘Register/Reset Password using DSC’ tab and provide ‘e-Filing User ID*’ and PAN of the DSC*. Select the type of ‘Digital Signature Certificate’ (DSC)
- DSC using .pfx file
- Select the Type of DSC
- Browse and attach the Key store file (.pfx File)
- Provide the password for your private key
- Click ‘Generate Signature file’ DSC using USB token:
- Select the Type of DSC (.pfx file or USB token) USB Token
- Select USB Token Certificate and Click ‘Generate Signature File
Attach the XML file at option ‘Attach the ITR XML file*’ Taxpayer will get an option to enter OTP for e-verifying the ITR if an EVC or Aadhaar OTP option is chosen.
To attach DSC, if the DSC option is chosen to e-verify the ITR.
After successful submission, ITD will process your ITR and send an email confirmation stating the same
View the uploaded forms
Logon to the official webpage Income tax ‘e-Filing’ Portal and Go to the ‘My Account’ menu located on the upper-left side of the page. The taxpayer can view the uploaded forms by clicking on the ‘View e-Filed Returns / Forms.