Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) in collaboration with the National Informatics Centre (NIC) has launched an IT initiative entitled “ICEDASH” for the improved customs clearance. This initiative aims at improving monitoring and pace of customs clearance of imported goods. It is expected to increase the transparency of customs functioning and reduce interface. Let us look in detail about these two initiatives in this article.
To know about the ICEGATE Portal
ICEDASH is an Ease of Doing Business (EoDB) which is a monitoring dashboard of the Indian Customs. This tool helps the public to see the daily customs clearance times of import cargo at various ports and airports. ICEDASH objects to leverage technology to provide better service for the taxpayers. It is expected to increase the transparency of customs functioning and reduce interface.
Key-Benefits of the Initiative
- The initiative that improves the global ranking where the reform that is carried out by the CBIC will lead to ICEDASH India’s global ranking in the Ease of Doing Business related to ‘Construction Permits’ and ‘Trading across Borders’.
- The official ICEDASH dashboard of the Indian Customs through which the Customs clearance times of import cargo can be viewed at various ports and airports by the people.
- The Government has taken up this initiative for promoting “Ease of Doing business” and to make the Department more IT savvy.
- It also acts as an effective tool that helps the businesses compare clearance times across ports and plan their logistics accordingly.
- ICEDASH can be accessed through the official CBIC website which leads towards using technology while facilitating genuine business and identify methods to detect frauds, especially in GST.
- It also includes the process of delivering of the imported goods to the pace of customs clearance which is done under the Network Operation Centre and Security Operation Centre. ICEDASH strives to enhance the EDB with proactive policy action.