Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC), in collaboration with the National Informatics Centre (NIC), has launched an IT initiative entitled “ICEDASH” for improved customs clearance. This initiative aims at improving the monitoring and pace of customs clearance of imported goods. It is expected to increase the transparency of customs functioning and reduce interface. Let us look in detail at these two initiatives in this article.
To know about the ICEGATE Portal.
ICEDASH is an Ease of Doing Business (EoDB) monitoring dashboard of the Indian Customs. This tool helps the public to see the daily customs clearance times of import cargo at various ports and airports. ICEDASH objects to leveraging technology to provide better service for the taxpayers. It is expected to increase the transparency of customs functioning and reduce interface.
Key Benefits of the Initiative
- The initiative that improves the global ranking where the reform that the CBIC carries out will lead to ICEDASH India’s global ranking in the Ease of Doing Business related to ‘Construction Permits and ‘Trading across Borders.
- The official ICEDASH dashboard of the Indian Customs through which the Customs clearance times of import cargo can be viewed at various ports and airports by the people.
- The Government has taken up this initiative to promote “Ease of Doing business” and to make the Department more IT savvy.
- It also acts as an effective tool that helps businesses compare clearance times across ports and plan their logistics accordingly.
- ICEDASH can be accessed through the official CBIC website, which leads towards using technology while facilitating genuine business and identifying methods to detect fraud, especially in GST.
- It also includes the process of delivering the imported goods to the pace of customs clearance which is done under the Network Operation Centre and Security Operation Centre. ICEDASH strives to enhance the EDB with proactive policy action.
Import Export Code
The Import Export Code is a primary document necessary for commencing Import-export activities. The IE code is to be obtained for exporting or importing goods or services.IEC has numerous benefits for the growth of the business. Indeed, you cannot ignore the necessity of IE code registration, as it is mandatory. You can apply for an Import Export code through IndiaFilings and obtain it within 6 to 7 days.