Gujarat Income Certificate
Gujarat Income Certificate
Income certificate is an essential document for obtaining various government subsidies and schemes. The amount of income mentioned in an income certificate is calculated based on the actual income of each family. The Gujarat State Government has introduced an online application form to obtain income certificate. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining Gujarat income certificate.
Income certificate is mainly used for the following purposes:
- To get special privileges from educational institutions.
- To get credit from government banks and various government schemes.
- To receive an old-age pension, widow pension and agricultural worker pension based on an income basis.
A person applying for an income certificate should be a resident of the State of Gujarat.
To obtain Income Certificate in Gujarat furnish the following documents:
Address Proof (Anyone is mandatory)
- Ration Card
- Electricity bill
- Water bill (not older than three months)
- Gas connection
- Bank Passbook
- Post Office Account Statement / Passbook
- Driving License
- Government Photo ID cards/service photo identity card issued by Public Sector Undertakings (PSU)
Identity Proof (Anyone is mandatory)
- Election Card
- PAN Card
- Identity card issued by an approved educational institution.
Income Proof (Anyone is mandatory )
- Employer Certificate (if employed with Government, Semi Govt or any Govt-undertaking)
- If salaried (Form 16-A and ITR for last three years)
- If in business (ITR of Business for the last 3 years and Balance Sheet of Business)
- Declaration before Talati (Service Related)
The applicant needs to apply online by following the steps below:
Step 1: The applicant should go through the website of the Gujarat State Government.
Step 2: In the case of an unregistered user, the applicant must register according to the rules provided in the portal.
Step 3: After registration, click on “Revenue ” button in the home page, the “Income Certificate” option will appear.
Step 4: This will take the applicant to the next page where all the required application details are given with the “Apply Online ” option. For those wishing to apply offline, a form can be obtained by clicking on ”Download Form” button.
Step 5: Enter the email and password and choose the “Application language” and then submit the Aadhar number and click on “Continue Service.”
Step 6: Specify the details that are given below click on “Update Profile” button to save profile then click on “Next.”
Step 7: After updating the details, the applicant needs to specify the details such as an address, number of family members, home address, income details etc.
Step 8: Now, the applicant needs to upload the required documents such as proof of residency, identity proof as mentioned above and click on “Submit.”
Step 9: Once the applicant has paid the amount for obtaining the income certificate, the application procedure will be completed.
The income certificate would then be issued to the application within 10-15 days by the Government.