Goa Ration Card
Goa Ration Card
Ration card is a legal document which is provided by all the State Governments to residents for purchasing subsidized food commodities such as wheat, rice, kerosene and LPG. The Department of Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs issues ration card to the residents of the State of Goa. Ration card serves as a primary identity of a resident’s name, age, and nationality. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining Goa ration card in detail.
Benefits of Ration Card
The following are the benefits of obtaining a ration card in the State of Goa:
- Ration card enables the person to purchase grains and fuel from different Public Distribution System (PDS) shops at an affordable price.
- This card can be used to get other authoritative documents such as driving license, voter ID card, and numerous different reports.
- Also, the ration card serves to obtain death and birth certificate from the Government authorities.
Types of Ration Card in Goa
The applicant can apply three kinds of ration cards in the State of Goa.
APL Ration Cards: Any families with income above the poverty line index can apply for Above Poverty Line (APL) Ration Cards.
BPL Ration Cards: Any families with annual income less than that specified in the poverty index can apply for Below Poverty Line (BPL) Ration Cards.
AAY Ration Cards: Antyodaya Anna Yojana Cards are provided to families those who meet special conditions. This card allows the family to have the highest level of subsidy rates.
To obtain a ration card in the State of Goa, the applicant should fulfil the following conditions:
- The applicant and his/her family member should be a permanent resident of the State of Goa.
- The applicant should be at least 18 years of age and citizen of India.
- The applicant should be the head of the family.
- The applicant should not possess a ration card in any other state.
The following are the required documents while applying for a ration card in the State of Goa.
- Applicant’s address Proof
- Passport size photograph of family members
- An affidavit to prove that the applicant was not holding any ration card previously
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID
- Income Certificate
- Driving License
- Bank passbook details.
Step 1: The applicant should apply on plain paper along with the prescribed Declaration Form (Annexure H) and required documents to the Mamlatdar of the concerned Taluka in Goa. Find attached below a copy of the Declaration Form (Annexure H):Goa Annexure Form
Step 2: Then the applicant should enclose Cancellation Certificate, that is obtained from the concerned Taluka Mamlatdar where earlier ration card was made. In case, Cancellation Certificate is not available, apply along with a photograph and an affidavit and his/her family members if any do not hold ration card in Goa or anywhere in India.
Step 3: Finally, the application shall be endorsed to the concerned Talathi for inquiry and report.
Note:- The concerned authority will issue the ration card to the applicant within seven days from the date of application.