Goa Income Certificate
Goa Income Certificate
Income certificate is a legal document issued by the State Government to its residents which certifies an individual annual income. This certificate includes information about the income of an individual or a family that is earned from various sources. Income certificate enables a person to claim subsidies and benefits from the Government schemes. In this article, we look at the guidelines for obtaining Goa income certificate in detail.
Purposes of Income Certificate
The following are the purposes for obtaining income certificate:
- Income certificate helps to avail tax relaxations.
- Income certificate enables the students to avail fees concessions, scholarships, and admission in an educational institution.
- Income certificate is an essential document to the people those who are backward classes such as SC/ST to avail various benefits from the Government.
- Income certificate is mandatory while getting certain loans from the bank and financial organization in Goa.
Calculating Annual Income
The applicant should calculate the annual income of the family while submitting a request for an income certificate. This calculation includes a sum of income from the applicant, mother, father, spouse and unmarried family members.
While calculating the annual income of a family, will incorporate the following income:
- Income from property
- Income from business
- Income from NRI member
- Income from pension amount
- Income from labour
- Rental income
- Salary of all the family member
The following are not to be incorporated while calculating the annual income of a family.
- Festival allowance
- Terminal benefits
- Income of widow daughter or sister
- Surrender leave salary.
While applying for the income certificate in Goa, submit the following documents along with the application:
- Application Form
- Family Ration Card
- Salary Certificate, if any
- An affidavit containing full details of family members and their income from all sources
Step 1: Visit the home page of Goa Online.
Step 2: Click on “Form Download” option which appears in the menu bar.
Step 3: On the next page, click on” Income Certificate” option and download the application form in a PDF format.
Step 4: Fill up the application form and submit it to Mamlatdar of the concerned Taluka in Goa along with the required documents. Then the applicant will receive an acknowledgement receipt containing the delivery date for his/her income certificate.Goa Income Certificate application
Note:- The application will be endorsed to the Talathi asking for his report within three days. After getting the receipt of a report from the Talathi, the Income Certificate will be issued to the applicant within two days.
The applicant can also check his/her income application status online. To check status follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Revisit the home page of Goa Online.
Step 2: Click on “Select Service” and choose “Income Certificate” and enter the application number and click on “Submit” to check your application status.