Form 10A – Income Tax
Form 10A is used by a charitable or religious trust for applying and obtaining 12A registration. Form 10A can be filed online using a digital signature. Along with the form 10A application, the following documents must be attached by the taxpayer:
- Where the trust is created, or the institution is established, under an instrument, self-certified copy of the instrument creating the trust or establishing the institution;
- Where the trust is created, or the institution is established, otherwise than under an instrument, self-certified copy of the document evidencing the creation of the trust, or establishment of the institution;
- Self-certified copy of registration with Registrar of Companies or Registrar of Firms and Societies or Registrar of Public Trusts, as the case may be;
- Self-certified copy of the documents evidencing adoption or modification of the objects, if any;
- Where the trust or institution has been in existence during any year or years prior to the financial year in which the application for registration is made, self-certified copies of the annual accounts of the trust or institution relating to such prior year or years (not being more than three years immediately preceding the year in which the said application is made) for which such accounts have been made up;
- Note on the activities of the trust or institution;
- Self-certified copy of existing order granting registration under section 12A or section 12AA, as the case may be; and
- Self-certified copy of order of rejection of application for grant of registration under section 12A or section 12AA,as the case may be, if any.
A sample Form 10A, application for registration of charitable or religious trust or institution under clause (aa) or clause (ab) of sub-section (1) of section 12A of the Income-tax Act, 1961 is reproduced below:
[maxbutton id=”17″ url=”https://img.indiafilings.com/learn/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/12010115/Form-10A.pdf” text=”Download Form 10A Application” ]
Post by IndiaFilings
IndiaFilings.com is committed to helping entrepreneurs and small business owners start, manage and grow their business with peace of mind at an affordable price. Our aim is to educate the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements and be a partner throughout the entire business life cycle, offering support to the company at every stage to make sure they are compliant and continually growing.