The Andhra Pradesh (AP) Government has launched Bhuseva Project for digitizing the land records and for convenient administration of land. The project’s objective is to establish a fool-proof database of lands making the transactions simplified by adopting the higher technology such as high-resolution satellite imagery, Differentiated Global Positioning System (DGPS) and Electronic Total Stations (ETS) for survey and mapping of lands.
Bhuseva (Land Service) is one of the major projects in the e-progress program of Andhra Pradesh.
The main objectives of this project are –
- To identify areas and link them with Geo-Coordinates.
- Allocating a unique identification number (Bhudhaar Numbers) for each land.
- Establishing the entire geographical map of Andhra Pradesh in digitised form.
Eight departments (involved with land records) participating in Bhuseva are the Revenue, Panchayat Raj, Municipal Administration, Registration, Survey and Settlement, Forest, Endowments and Wakf. These departments are integrating their services related to land under the core platform called Bhuseva.
Bhuseva is the website developed by AP Government to provide hassle-free services which are related to Land Administration.
Benefits of Bhuseva
- People can avail land records using this portal with the use of Aadhar card.
- History of transactions will be provided initially for the past 12 years.
- Bhuseva brings transparency of land records.
- Information related to all transactions of particular land will be provided in a single source.
- Farmers will get mutations done online saving time and money, and all the electronic records would be aligned with the information contained in the field measurement books.
Bhudhaar is an 11-digit unique identification code, assigned to each agriculture land holding and rural and urban properties in the state. Permanent Bhudhaar starts with 28 (A.P.’s census code), and temporary Bhudhaar number begins with 99. Geo-tagging of all land records to the number will prevent fraudulent activity in Land transactions. The landlord number (Bhudhaar) is changed with each transaction on the land area/property, and the landlord number previously provided is discarded. Bhudhaar can be assigned to bulk allocation as well as for individual allocation of land.
Allocating Bhudhaar Number
For lands under dispute/ litigation or in the process of re-registration, temporary Bhudhaar starting with 99 is given. Permanent Bhudhaar beginning with 28 (AP’s census code) is given based on cross verification of registration and land records available with the revenue department. Documents available with the Municipal corporations, panchayats and forest departments will also be examined prior to number allotment.
Bhudhaar numbers are tamper-proof, and any land-related transaction could be monitored on a real-time basis. The security policy of Bhudhaar will provide security to land records of farmers. Since the information is re-examined and verified, there is no need to submit documents of land with the Bhudhaar.
Characteristics of Bhudhaar
- Single software for all types of survey systems.
- The information recorded by Bhudhaar can be linked to maps with realistic information on the ground.
- This allows the survey to be done directly on daily transactions.
- It serves to view and print maps.
The landowner can generate Bhudaar card from Bhuseva web portal. E-Bhudaar and M-Bhudaar are the two types of Bhudaar cards. For Mobile Bhudaar (M-Bhudhaar), one has to download the application on mobile. They can be availed through Mee Seva centres. With the help of Bhudhaar cards, land documents will be available in people’s pockets similar to Aadhar card.
Post by Jeyaraj Allwyn
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.