Bank Guarantee Charges Reimbursement Scheme
Bank Guarantee Charges Reimbursement Scheme
The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in collaboration with National SC-ST Hub (NSSH) has launched the Bank Guarantee Charges Reimbursement Scheme. The Bank Guarantee Charges Reimbursement Scheme seeks to provide financial assistance against the bank charges paid in obtaining Performance Bank Guarantees (PBG) for SC-ST owned Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs). In this article, we look at the Bank Guarantee Charges Reimbursement Scheme in detail.
Also, read about Reimbursement of Loan Processing Fee
Objectives of the Scheme
The objective of the Bank Guarantee Charges Reimbursement Scheme are given below:
- To enhance marketing capabilities and competitiveness of SC/ST owned Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs).
- To provide a platform for interaction with large institutional buyers.
- To update enterprise about the global market scenario.
- Any SC/ST owned MSEs can avail the benefits under the Bank Guarantee Charges Reimbursement Scheme. The following criteria are applicable for recognizing the SC or ST MSEs:
Note: It is mandatory to possess Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM) number, PAN number and registration under Goods and Services Tax (GST) by the MSEs while applying for the scheme.
Reimbursement of Bank Charges for Performance Bank Guarantee (PBG)
Bank Guarantee Charges Reimbursement Scheme will provide reimbursement to SC/ST owned MSEs on charges paid to the bank for issuance of Performance Bank Guarantee (PBG). The financial assistance under this Scheme will be distributed from National SC/ST Hub (NSSH) funds and would be limited to 50% or Rs.1,00,000 on PBG charges paid (excluding GST and all other applicable taxes).
Note: The assistance under the Scheme can be availed multiple times in a financial year by the SC or ST entrepreneurs, but the assistance would be restricted to the maximum ceiling as mentioned above.
Criteria for Financial Institution
The charges paid for Performance Bank Guarantee (PBG) obtained from any Financial Institution in are eligible for reimbursement under the Scheme.
Duration of the Scheme
The Scheme is available till the existence of National Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe Hub (NSSH) scheme or until further orders issued from the Ministry of MSME, whichever is applicable.
The eligible applicant has to submit the below-mentioned documents:
- Copy of Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM) number or Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- In case of proprietorship, copy of PAN card of SC/ST proprietor.
- Certified copy of Caste Certificate of all promoters
- Copy of Partnership Deed for Partnership Firm
- In the case of LLP or Private Limited Company, Memorandum and Article of Association are required
- Debit statement with PBG charges with Bank Guarantee number and applicant MSE’s name
- Copy of PBG issued by the bank
- Cancelled Cheque of the current account of the enterprise from which charges have been debited
- Proof of amount transferred as reimbursement by NSSHO.
- Purchase Order (PO), Supply Order (SO), Work Order from Central Government organization, CPSE, State Government organization against which PBG is taken.
To apply for the Bank Guarantee Charges Reimbursement Scheme, follow the steps mentioned below:
Submission of Claims
Step 1: The applicant can approach the NSSH office for claiming their reimbursement in obtaining Performance Bank Guarantees (PBG). Fill the prescribed application form collected from the nearest NSSH Office (NSSHO).Screenshot from 2019-11-22 17-01-59 (1)
Verification by NSSHO
Step 2: The verification of the application and documents would be conducted by the respective officer at NSSHO. In case of any discrepancy, clarification would be required from the bank or applicant, respectively.
Submission of Documents
Step 3: After verification by NSSHO, proposals of all applicants in the prescribed format will be submitted to NSSH at NSIC Head Office for approval.
Approval on Reimbursement
Step 4: Based on the verification made by the NSSHO, the NSSH cell would forward the application to the Screening Committee under the Ministry of MSME, NSSH Cell and Finance Division of NSIC for consideration.
Mode of Payment
Step 5: The reimbursement amount would be credited to the applicant’s bank account, where the PBG charges have been debited, directly through the Public Financial Management System (PFMS) by the respective NSSHO or NSSH Cell.
Timeline for Submission of Claims
The applicant should submit their claims within 45 days from the issuance of Performance Bank Guarantee. On submitting the claim, the NSSH Office will conduct an inspection and accordingly, reimbursement will be released by NSSH office to each applicant with within 45 days from the receipt of application.
- Any SC-ST owned MSE availing reimbursement under this scheme can not avail reimbursement of bank charges on PBG, from any other scheme of Government or private agencies.
- Upon submission of the application form and documents does not guarantee the reimbursement under this scheme.
For any queries regarding the scheme, the applicant can contact the NSSH cell at NSIC Bhawan, Head Office, Okhla Industrial Estate, New Delhi or can drop an email at [email protected].