Assam Domicile Certificate
Assam Domicile Certificate
Residence or domicile certificate is issued by the Deputy Commissioner of the Assam which proves that an individual holding the certificate is a resident of the particular State. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining an Assam domicile certificate in detail.
Purpose of Domicile Certificate
Domicile certificate is used for various purpose. Some of the major purposes are as follows:
- To avail resident quotas in the government service.
- To get admission in an educational institution.
- To utilize as proof of residence in the State.
The following are the eligibility criteria to obtain a domicile certificate from the Assam Government:
- Every individual holding land in Assam are eligible to obtain domicile certificate.
- The applicant must be a resident of Assam for a period of a minimum of 20 years.
- The applicant parents or forefather should have resided in the State for a minimum of 50 years.
At the time of submitting the application form for Assam domicile certificate furnish the following documents:
- Passport size photograph.
- Copy of voter ID.
- Proof of Birth (Birth Certificate).
- Copy of school leaving certificate.
- Documents related to parents and ancestors have continuously resided in the State for a minimum of 50 years.
- Proof of address (Aadhar card/Ration card/Passport/Driving License).
- Document of immovable property, if any.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to register for domicile certificate in Assam:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the Assam Government.
Step 2: Click on ” Download e- Forms” option from the online service menu, which is displayed on the home page.
Step 3: Now, the applicant can download the application form of a permanent resident certificate.
Step 4: Fill the required details in the form and attach the specified documents.PRC-min
Step 5: Submit the duly filled application form to the concerned Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) Office.
Note: After submitting the application form the applicant will receive an application number as an acknowledgement to check the application status
Track Application Status
To track the status of your application again, visit the official website of Assam.
Step 1: Login into the portal by entering the “Email id and Password” of the applicant.
Step 2: Click on ‘e-District’ option from the Online services menu.
Step 3: Enter your application number to view the status of the application.
Note: On approving the application, the applicant will receive the domicile certificate within 14 working days from the date of application. The certificate can be downloaded online as well.
The applicant can apply for domicile certificate in the State by remitting a processing fee of Rs. 30 per copy.