Arunachal Pradesh Ration Card
Arunachal Pradesh Ration Card
Ration cards are document issued by the Government for obtaining benefits under the Public Distribution System. The Department of Food and Civil Supplies, Government of Arunachal Pradesh issues ration card in the State Arunachal Pradesh. The main objective of the Public Distribution System is to ensure food security and poverty alleviation by making available essential commodities. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining Arunachal Pradesh ration card in detail.
Purpose of Ration Card
Ration card is a mandatory document to prove one legal identity in the State. The Government of Arunachal Pradesh provides essential food items and commodities through fair price to every ration cardholder.
Types of Ration Card
The below following are the types of ration card in Arunachal Pradesh:
- BPL Card – BPL families, holds dark green ration cards. The annual income of less than Rs.10000 is issued to the native resident. Based on this ration card, essential items to be provided to the people at a very subsidised cost.
- A.P.L. Card – A.P.L. families holds pink ration cards. The Government issues A.P.L. card to the people having annual income above Rs.10000. This type of proportion does not make cardholders eligible for any subsidy.
- A.A.Y. Card – A.A.Y. families hold yellow ration cards. The Government issues A.A.Y. card to the poorest people in the State, and the subsidy and plan are different.
- AY Card – Annapurna beneficiaries issued with light green ration cards. AY card is issued to the native people of 65 years old and to those whose conditions meet some pre-determined conditions.
In Arunachal Pradesh, identified families under the Antyodaya Anna Yojana (A.A.Y.) and other persons living below the Poverty Line identified and approved by the Food and Public Distribution Department, Government of India are eligible to apply for the ration card in Arunachal Pradesh.
In Arunachal Pradesh, when applying for a new ration card, it is necessary to submit the following documents along with the application form.
- Proof of Date of Birth.
- Address proof (electricity bill, water bill, telephone bill, passport, etc.)
- Family group passport size photograph
- Aadhaar Card
- For the government employees, the order for transfer form from the Head of the Office.
- Appropriate official ZPM / ASM for general employees.
- Forms duly signed by H.O.D., H.G.B., A.S.M., G.P.M. chairmen, Bazaar secretary, the village chief.
Online Procedure to Apply for a New Ration Card
To apply for a new ration card in Arunachal Pradesh, the user has to follow the below-given steps:
Step 1: The applicant must visit the Arunachal Pradesh Food and Civil Supplies department’s official website.
Step 2: Click the “Forms” option visible on the home page.
Step 3: Now to download the application form, click on the “Ration card Application form” link. Also, get the application form for new ration card from the nearest Ration Card office.
The application form is below for the reference:
Step 4: Then fill all the required details in the form and ensure that the user has entered all the details clearly and completely.
Step 5: Attach all the necessary documents, along with the application form.
Step 6: Submit this application in the nearest Ration Card office in the area, and make the payment of the prescribed fee.
Step 7: After the verification of all details, the applicant will receive an application receipt to verify the status of the application.
Track application status online
To check the status of the online application, select “Check” option on the home page of the official portal. Enter the Application ID and contact number given on the receipt. Then click on the “Submit” button, to view the status of your application.