Arunachal Pradesh Birth Certificate
Arunachal Pradesh Birth Certificate
Birth Certificate is an essential identity document that records the birth of a child. The certificate is used as evidence for a person’s birth and is issued by the State Government to its citizens. Every birth occurring in India should be registered within 21 days. Infants born in Arunachal Pradesh are eligible to apply for this certificate. In this article, we look at the procedure for applying for Arunachal Pradesh birth certificate.
Benefits of the Certificate
The following benefits can be availed using birth certificate:
- Obtaining the right to vote.
- For admissions in schools.
- To apply for Government jobs.
- To claim the right to marry at the permissible age.
- For settling inheritance and property rights.
- To obtain government identity documents like license, passport, etc.
- To avail government services.
The following documents have to be possessed by the applicant while applying for the certificate:
- Duly filled Application form no.7
- Birth Report from the hospital.
- Medical certificate issued by the delivery centre.
- Discharge slip that is given by the hospital.
- An affidavit mentioning the place, time, date of birth (if registration is delayed).
- Aadhaar Card.
According to the Birth and Death Registration Act 1969, every birth has to be registered to the concerned State or Union Territory within 21 days of its occurrence. However, there are separate registration procedures for births occurring in different places.
- If a birth has occurred in a house, the Head of the family or the nearest relative of the child or Anganwadi Sewika or Chawkidar can register the birth.
- If a birth has occurred in a Sadar Hospital/Sub-Divisional Hospital/Medical College Hospital/Referral Hospital, the Deputy Superintendent of the hospitals and officers-in-charge can register the birth.
- If a birth has occurred in a Maternity Home and other nursing institutions, the medical officer has to register the birth.
- If a birth has occurred in jail, the jail in-charge has to register the birth.
- If a birth has occurred in a Dharamshala, Boarding House etc., the person-in-charge has to register the birth.
- If a birth has occurred in a moving vehicle, the person-in-charge of the vehicle has to register the birth.
- If a birth has occurred in an abandoned place, the Headman of the village or the person in charge of the local police station can register the birth.
How to Apply
Given below are the steps to apply for a birth certificate:
Step 1: Log on to the website
The applicant has to log on to the official website http://www.arunachalpradesh.gov.in/
Step 2: Click on Citizen e-services Tab
The applicant has to click on Citizen e-services.
Step 3: Click on How to Obtain Birth Certificate
Under e-services, the applicant has to click on ‘How to Obtain Birth Certificate’.
Step 4: Downloading the Form
By clicking on that option, the birth certificate application form is downloaded.
Step 5: Enter the details
The applicant has to enter the following details:
- Name of the child
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
Step 6: Submission of the Form
Once all the details are entered, the application form has to be submitted to the birth registering centre.
Step 7: Issuing the certificate
The certificate will be issued within one month from the date of submission of the application form.
Note: Once the certificate is obtained, it is valid for lifetime.
The application fee varies with the time period taken for registration of the certificate. They are as follows:
- If birth is registered within one month, a fee of Rs. 5 is applicable.
- If birth is registered after a month but within a year, a fee of Rs. 10 is applicable.
- If birth is registered after a year, a fee of Rs. 15 is applicable.
For further enquires, the applicant can contact the following officers:
- Additional District Registrar of Birth / District Statistical Officer (DSO) at District level.
- At Circle and Sub Division concerned Administrative Officers (SDO/EAC/CO) acts as Registrar of Birth.
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 155250.
Income Tax eFiling
We have made the Income Tax eFiling, simple and easy. File your income tax return online with the dedicated Tax Experts support from IndiaFilings.
IndiaFilings.com (ERI ID: ERIA100945) is an Income Tax Department authorised eReturn Intermediary.