Apartment Hotels Approval
Apartment Hotels Approval
The Ministry of Tourism has commenced a voluntary scheme for the approval of Apartment Hotels with the purpose to standardize world-class services to the business travellers. The scheme objective is to develop quality standards and upgraded facilities in Apartment Hotels. Let us look in detail about the required documentation and application procedure for the Approval of Apartment Hotels in this article.
To know about the Heritage Hotels Approval
In general, the below listed are the criteria to register for the Approval of Apartment Hotels.
- Room and Bath Area Size: The room and bathroom area size is prescribed for any of the categories. The general ambience, luxury and innovative readaptation will be counted while awarding the categories of hotels.
- Parking facility: The parking space to be not less than 50 cars and 5 coaches.
- Cleanliness and Hygiene: All the public areas, rooms and the guest rooms to be maintained and equipped well with the quality carpets/area rugs/good quality Durie, fittings, etc. in good taste and in maintaining with the luxury lifestyle.
- Infrastructure Facilities: In addition to the actual facilities, it must have the following: The general features and ambience to conform to the overall concept of hotels and architectural distinctiveness. All the public/private areas which includes rooms must have superior appearance and decor. At least 50% of the rooms to be air-conditioned (except in the hill stations where there must be heating arrangements). The hotel must also provide at least two of the under mentioned sporting facilities.
- Sporting Facilities: Swimming Pool, Lawn Tennis, Health Club, Squash, Golf course, Riding, etc. to be provided to the ownership vests with the concerned hotel. Apart from these sporting facilities, a credit would also be given for the supplementary sporting facilities such as Golf, Sailing, Boating, Fishing or other adventure sports such as Ballooning, Trekking, Parasailing, Wind-surfing, Safari excursions, etc. and indoor games.
The fee payable for the approval of the project and subsequent extension are as follows:
- 5-Star Category of Apartment Hotels – Rs.15,000
- 4-Star Category of Apartment Hotels – Rs.12,000
- 3-Star Category of Apartment Hotels – Rs.8,000
The following are the checklist that has to be submitted by the Apartment Hotels applying for the approval.
- Name of the proposed Apartment Hotels
- Name of all such promoters along with the record on the business antecedents
- The complete registered address of all the promoters with the details of telephone, Email and Fax
Documents/ Records on the Status of the Promoter or Owner
- If Private or Public Limited Company, a proof of the MOA to be submitted.
- If Partnership, a Partnership Deed and Registration Certificate to be submitted
- If a proprietary concern, the name and address proofs of proprietor and Registration Certificate has to be submitted
- The location of the Apartment Hotels site along with the postal address
Documents regarding the details of the site
- Distance in Km from the railroad and airport
- The distance location from the State or National Highway
- Distance in km from the town/city centre/shopping area etc.
- Located between which major cities/towns
Documents that stipulate the details of the Apartment Hotels
- The located area in sq.m. with the title – owned or leased along with the sale or lease deed
- Copy of Land Use permit letter from the local authorities
- Number of seats
- Details of public areas, parking blocks, facilities for the physically abled, eco-friendly ways and any other additional facilities. The area for each service to be indicated in sq. ft.
- Details of Fire Fighting equipment/ Hydrates, etc.
- Details of measures for water conservation and eco-friendly materials and initiatives
- Details of power back-up/ air-conditioning
- Area of the Establishment – 250 sq. ft. for restaurants of seating space up to 150 people and 350 sq. ft. for more than 150 people
- Certificates/No Objection Certificates
To know about the GST Rate for Hotels and Restaurants – Click here
Procedure for the Approval of Apartment Hotels
The Ministry of Tourism approves Apartment Hotels also at the project and planning stage. The applicant to follow the step by step process for the Approval of Apartment Hotels.
Access the Website
Step 1: The application form for the approval of Apartment Hotels to be submitted by accessing the official portal of Classification, Approval and Occupancy of Hotels online
New User Registration
Step 2: In the case of a new user, the applicant to get registered in the official site by clicking on “New Registration” link which will take to the registration page.
Step 4: Now, the applicant to log in with the valid User Id and Password.
Step 5: Once logged in, the registration form will be revealed where the applicant will have to click on the “Apply for the Approval of Apartment Hotels” link.
Step 6: The application form will get opened on clicking the link “Apply for Apartment Hotels”.
Fill out the Right Credentials
Step 7: The information of the owner has to fill out all the essential details in the approval form.
Step 8: After filling all the details, the applicant has to click on “save and proceed” button.
Step 9: Now upload all the records that are mentioned above then click on “save & proceed” button.
Step 10: The certificates that are uploaded by the applicants after inspection would be acknowledged online.
Step 11: The application fee for the Approval of Apartment Hotels with the fee that is payable only through Debit card/Credit card/NEFT/RTGS.
- The applications for the Apartment Hotels approval to be complete in all respects such as application, prescribed fee, clearances, NOC’s, certificates, etc. The incomplete application form is subject to be rejected.
- Any rectification detected by the HRACC, then that has to be finished within the stipulated time, which has been issued in the consultation with the representatives during the inspection. If abandoned to change the mistakes, then it will end in the refusal of the approval.
To start a new business in India, visit IndiaFilings.com