Sikkim Non-Encumbrance Certificate
Sikkim Non-Encumbrance Certificate
Sikkim Non-Encumbrance Certificate (NEC) is one of the most crucial legal documents that proves that a property/land is free from any monetary and legal liabilities. Non-Encumbrance Certificate mainly known as Search Certificate, it is a proof for a land/property can be sold with a clear title and the property ownership can be transferred without any litigation. Sikkim Non-Encumbrance Certificate usually holds all the financial and legal transactions for a defined period that has been made concerning a particular land. Revenue & Disaster Management Department of Government of Sikkim issues the non-encumbrance certificate to citizens of Sikkim. In this article, we look at the Guidelines for obtaining Sikkim Non-Encumbrance Certificate in detail.
Importance of Non-Encumbrance Certificate
Importance of obtaining Sikkim encumbrance certificate is explained in detail here:
- Sikkim Non-Encumbrance certificate (NEC) must be submitted to obtain property loan from financial institutions and Banks to ensure that the property/land is free from legal liabilities.
- NEC is a shred of evidence for clear ownership title. Hence it’s required while transferring the property.
- In case of property/land tax is not paid within the prescribed time, this NEC has to be furnished with Panchayat or village officer to update the land tax records.
- Sikkim Non-encumbrance certificate is an essential document to withdraw PF for a property/land purchase or house construction.
Contents in Non-Encumbrance Certificate
The following details relating to a property/land will be recorded in the Sikkim Non-Encumbrance certificate.
- Non-Encumbrance Certificate will contain the name of the property owner
- Non-Encumbrance Certificate will provide all details related to a Property
- NEC will also give the complete property description as provided in the Sale Deeds
- This certificate contains all Transactions related to a property/land. The transactions details will be listed in chronological order.
- If a property bought by a loan, then NEC will contain information on the mortgage.
- For gifted deeds, details regarding gift settlement will be given in this certificate.
- Release Deed details will be furnished in case of one of the partner released his share from the mutually purchased land/plot.
Applicable Fee for Sikkim Non-Encumbrance Certificate
Applicant has to apply for an NEC in the respective SR offices for searching whether the property is encumbered or not. For this purpose inspection of search fees that is index searching fees need to be provided. The price for obtaining Sikkim Non-encumbrances certificate is Rs.50, and for securing search report, Rs.200 has to be produced.
Documents required for getting Search Report or Sikkim Non-Encumbrance Certificate is listed as follows.
- Application along with Bank Receipt
- Copy of Parcha
- Verification Report of concerned Revenue Surveyor
- Khazana Receipt
- Sale Deed Document if the land is not an ancestral property
Sikkim Non-Encumbrance certificate and search report will be issued within 15 days from the date of application.
Applying Non-Encumbrance Certificate through DCO
Procedure for applying Sikkim Non-encumbrance certificate through DCO is explained in detail here.
Step 1: Applicant has to approach the concerned District Collector office
Submit an Application
Step 2: The applicant has to submit an application in prescribed format for Sikkim Non- encumbrance certificate to concerned District Collector. Provide details of land, year of inspection and Registered office name.
We have here with attached an application form for obtaining Sikkim Non-Encumbrance Certificate.NEC
Step 3: Pay applicable fee as per your search criteria to DCO for searching details for encumbrance and issue Sikkim non -encumbrance certificate. Get acknowledgement slip with application number from the officer. Note the application number for future reference.
Step 4: The request for encumbrance certificate will be processed by Sikkim Revenue Department and Disaster Management Department.
Note: NEC application status will be updated through SMS.
Step 5: The concerned authority, i.e., District Collector, will process the Sikkim non-encumbrance certificate and after successful verification, DC will approve the non-encumbrance certificate request.
Once the NEC request is accepted, an SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number as the application for NEC has been approved.
Get Sikkim Non- Encumbrance Certificate
Once SRO approves the request, then Non-Encumbrance Certificate can be obtained from the concerned District Collector Office. Provide unique application number and get Sikkim non-encumbrance certificate.