Shashkat Mahila Yojana
Shashkat Mahila Yojana
The Government of Himachal Pradesh has launched the Shashkat Mahila Yojana in the year 2018. This scheme aims to empower rural women by enhancing productivity and enabling them to undertake income generation activities by providing financial assistance to Self Help Groups (SHGs). In this article, we look at the Shashkat Mahila Yojana in detail.
Objectives of the Scheme
The objectives of the Shashkat Mahila Yojana are given below:
- To provide financial support to rural women through micro-credit for undertaking income generation activities.
- To build awareness among rural women about their rights.
- To create an interface for rural women through social and economic empowerment.
- To provide sustainable livelihood opportunities which can help in their future building.
- To mobilize women within the age limit of 19 to 45 years.
- To improve the skills of Women by imparting training.
- To encourage adolescent girls excelling at studies in a school for higher studies.
- To sensitize adolescent girls and women on menstrual hygiene to build their self-esteem.
- To sensitize of adolescent girls/boys for mutual respect with each other and another gender.
The below following criteria must be satisfied to participate under the scheme:
- The age groups of the adolescent girls should be within 11 to 18 years.
- The age groups of the Women must be within 19 to 45 years.
Components of the Scheme
Sashkat Mahila Kendra (SMK ) will be established under every panchayat of the state to create awareness among women and girls about their rights. The Sashkat Mahila Kendra will be governed by Women who work for a social cause in their locality. Women will be educated about various schemes which have been implemented by the central and state government for the welfare of Women development. Awareness camps have also been arranged at the Panchayat level to empower women in different departments.
Awareness of Women Rights
- Under awareness creation of Women rights, capacity building and sensitization about the rights related to Women will be delivered through training.
- Camps will be organised at Panchyat level through the supervisor assisted by the workers and helpers.
- The supervisor will decide the themes of these camps as per the needs of the women. In these campus women will be sensitized regarding health and nutrition education, counselling on family welfare, childcare practices and home management etc.
- Awareness about legal rights and laws like Child Marriage (Prohibition) Act, Domestic Violence Act, Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act, the Child Labour Act, RTI Act, Right to Education, etc.
- Also, IEC material and documentation based on gender issues will be developed through SRCW.
Skill Development and Micro Enterprise Development
- All Mahila MAndals or Self Help Groups (SHGs) will be provided with need-based training for income generation activities jute bag, soft toys, recycling of waste material, pickle and preserve making, knitting and embroidery products etc. with the object to promote micro-enterprise at the village level.
- Capacity building and training programmes will be organised for the members of SHG in coordination with Skill Development Corporation, NABARD, ITs and other institution related to skill development.
Sensitization of Menstrual Hygiene
- Promotion on Health education, combined with menstrual hygiene for adolescent girls and women, will be conducted.
- Providing a timely supply of sanitary napkins in convergence with the National Health Mission.
- Facilitating other sanitation measures such as access to clean water and toilets in schools and in the community through convergence with other programmes.
Selection of Beneficiaries
The following selection committee will select the beneficiaries to participate under the Shashkat Mahila Yojana.
|2.||Project Officer DRDA||Member|
|3.||Chief Medical Officer||Member|
|4.||District Panchayat Officer||Member|
|5.||Deputy Director, Higher Education (Higher)||Member|
|6.||Deputy Director, Higher Education (Elementary)||Member|
|8.||General Manager, DIC||Member|
|9.||District Manager, MahilaVikas Nigam||Member|
|10.||District Language Officer||Member|
|11.||CDPO of District Head Quarters Block||Member|
|12.||District Programme Officer||Secretary|
Activities involved under Sashakt Mahila Yojna
Sashakt Mahila Yojna will initiate activities for the promotion of socio-economic development through the provision of social and economic development services by mobilizing self Help Groups.
Under this scheme, the following activities are proposed to be initiated: ·
- One time seed fund of Rs.50,000 will be distributed to one self-help group for taking up income-generating activities.
- In every panchayat, Awareness generation camps for rural women will be organised in their respective areas quarterly as per their needs of the Women.
- Camps for women at panchayat level will be organised in coordination with District Legal Service Authority (DLSA) for providing information on legal rights on women.
- Also, three girls from rural areas in each district pursuing professional courses in Government Institutions such as MBBS, B. Tech, MCA, MBA, BAMS etc. will be provided one-time assistance of Rs.5000/- till the completion of the course.
- Attitude and behaviour of the boys towards girls and women would be consistently observed by the teachers form 6th to 12th standard. The boys from each class whose behaviour and attitude towards girls is found good would be recognized with awards by the school.
- The competition will be conducted on women related issues like debate competition, slogan writing, rangoli, painting, speech, essay writing and cultural activities would be
- organized in every school and participants would be recognized with awards. ·
- Lady police officers will also attend the awareness camps and educate the girls and women on POCSO Act, sexual assault, the procedure of filing FIR, domestic violence, legal rights etc. Lady Officers posted at district headquarters will visit at least 3 schools monthly and will interact with the girls to encourage them for continuing their higher education, participation in sports activities, carrier counselling/vocational courses, self-defence courses etc. ·
- To provide better marketing facilities for SHGs for selling their products, the District Level Committee will explore the possibilities of creation of a marketing platform through the Tourist department. ·
- Yoga camps will be arranged for the girls in colleges and ITIs through the Ayurveda Department. Additional classes for counselling of girls would be organized through Educators of Yuva Swasthya Paramashar Kendra by the health and family welfare department.
Allocation of Funds
The funds allocated under the Sashakt Mahila Yojna are tabulated below:
|Particulars||Scale of Assistance|
|Awareness generation camps organised at panchayat level||Rs.1000 per camp|
|Skill Training and Capacity Building||Rs.10000 per month|
|Incentive to supervisors for facilitation work||Rs.500 per month|
|One time assistance to girls from rural area pursuing professional courses||Rs.5000 per year|
|One time seed money to SHGs||Rs.50,000 per block|
Rs.20000 per block
The Women and Child Department of Himachal Pradesh will be responsible for the implementation of the scheme. In the District level, the District Programme Officer (DPO) will be the Nodal Officer and the Child Development Project Officer (CDPO) will act as the Nodal Officer at the block level. However, convergence with various schemes of the Department of Health, Labour and Employment, Education, Rural Development, Technical Education, Police and Tourist will be helpful in facilitating the implementation of the scheme.
The committee constituted under the state, district and panchayat levels will monitor and supervise the implementation of the scheme. Also, the platform of the Gram Sabha will be utilized for generating awareness about the scheme.
Post by Karthiga
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.