Procedure and Criteria for Import of Power Tillers
Procedure and Criteria for Import of Power Tillers
The Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) has specified the Procedure and Criteria for Import of Power Tillers vide Notice No. 19/2015-2020. With this notification, the DGFT has amended the Import Policy of power tillers & its components and placed their imports in the restricted category from free earlier. Hence the importer needs to obtain import authorization from the Government for import of Power Tillers. The importer can apply for import authorization/license online through the new DGFT Platform under the Restricted Item category. The present article briefs the Procedure to obtain import license for the Import of Power Tillers,
The Gist of DGFT Notification
The Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) on July 15, 2020, issued two notifications related to the Amendment in import policy and policy conditions of import of Power tillers.
- The DGFT has announced that the Power Tillers and its components are put in the restricted category, making it mandatory for importers to get a license from DGFT for import of the product.
- As per the public notice, the DGFT also has prescribed Conditions and modalities for issuance of authorizations for import
- The exporter can apply for import authorization as restricted items and exports are not required to forward any hard copy of the application via email or post to DGFT.
Conditions for issuance of Authorizations for Import of Power Tillers
As per the revised import policy, conditions for issuance of Authorizations for Import of Power Tillers are as follows:
- As mentioned above, DGFT detailed the procedure for giving import licenses, as per which, the cumulative value of authorization issued to the company in a year should not exceed 10% of the value of power tillers imported during the past year (2019-2020) by that company. The cap of 10% also applies for components of power tillers.
- To get the import authorization, the applicant should have been in the power tillers business for at least three years and should have sold a minimum of 100 power tillers in the past three years
- The applicant should have the valid Type (Information and communication technology ) /batch test report from Central Farm Machinery Training & Testing Institute as well as emission test approval and Central Motor Vehicles Rules of the power tiller sought to be
- The importer needs to have satisfactory and proven infrastructure for training, post-sales service and spare part to obtain an import license
- Only manufacturers of Power Tiller are eligible for applying for an import authorization for import of Power Tiller and its components.
- The Power Tiller which will be imported should meet all the specifications as notified under IS 13539 or higher than these specifications.
Import Policy of Power Tillers and its Components
A New Policy Condition is being added in Chapter 84 of ITC (HS), 2017 Schedule – I (import policy as follows:
- Under HS code 84328020, the import is Free for all items except Power Tillers, Engines, Transmission, Chassis, and Ratavator forming parts of Power Tillers
Restricted Import of Power Tillers
Considering the demand for Power Tillers, the Government revised the import policy and allowed the imports of the following products with a license.
|Export-Import (ExIm) code||
Conditions for Power Tillers to get Import Authorization
Power tiller is the equipment used for the soil preparation; condition to obtain import authorization for such equipment is as follows:
- The equipment may be walking behind or riding attachment type and should be capable of being coupled to a trailer that can be used for transportation of goods of above 1-ton capacity.
- The maximum speed of the power tiller, when coupled with the trailer, should be below 22 Kmph.
- To avail the import license, the minimum rated horsepower output of the power tiller engine should be above 8bhp (Brake Horse Power)
Eligibility Criteria to Obtain Import License
The firm applies for the import license should be the manufacture of power tiller and its components.
Documents Required for Import License
The importer needs to furnish the following documents to obtain import authorization for the import of power tiller and its components.
- Certificate of Registration as Manufacture of power tiller from the concerned Department
- Copy of the Import Export Code of the Firm
- Copy of Purchase order or Invoice
Procedure to get Authorization for Import of Power Tillers
The applicant needs to access the new DGFT platform, and select the service tab from the main menu. The list of services will be displayed to select “Online ECOM Application”. The link will redirect to the new page.
Click on the Restricted Item (import) License, the application page will be displayed.
Enter Mobile Number or E-mail id and click on the get OTP button. Furnish the OTP received on the mobile or e-mail id and click on the SUBMIT button to proceed further. After the successful login Main Menu will appear.
Select the create a new ECOM option from the left side menu, a new form for Import of Restricted Item will appear on screen with some pre-filled details like (ECOM Ref Number, ECOM Date), etc
After providing the applicant details such as IEC details, click on the SAVE button to save the application.
Select the Import policy of Item to be imported as (Restricted) from the drop-down menu and provide the following details on the respective page.
- Canalized Detail
- Government Supply Detail
- Import Item form details – Item Serial number is auto-generated.
- Specify other details like ITCHS Code, Quantity, UOM of Quantity, CIF in Foreign Currency (FC), FC Type, Country of Origin, Purpose of Import (Actual / Trading), and Detail Justification
- Select the Import type of item from the drop-down menu
Now click on the Upload Document button to upload your document with the application. Make sure all documents size should not exceed 5 MB each. All documents should be in pdf format only. In case total document size is more than 5 MB please send it to [email protected] mentioning the ECOM Reference Number and File Number and File Date.
Press the pay application fee as applicable by clicking on the PAY Fee button. Click on submit button you will be redirected to payment gateway to make your payment. After successful payment, click on the Print Application button to review the application details
Next, Select the DGFT RA office to submit your application from the drop-down menu. Now click on the SUBMIT Application button to submit your application.
Once the DGFT accepted the request, the import license for the shipment of PPE Medical Coveralls will be issued.