Odisha Solvency Certificate
Odisha Solvency Certificate
Odisha solvency certificate is proof of solvency which means that the person’s assets are more than his liabilities. Solvency certificate certifies an individual’s creditworthiness. The Government of Odisha issues solvency certificate to verify the solvency of a person who undertakes certain works or functions. In this article, we will look at the procedure to obtain an Odisha solvency certificate in detail.
In Odisha, solvency certificate is issued by Odisha Miscellaneous Certificate Rules, 1984 under the Department of Revenue & Disaster Management, Government of Odisha.
Benefits of Odisha Solvency Certificate
Odisha solvency certificate can be used in many places; some of the essential uses of solvency certificate are given here:
- Odisha solvency certificate proves the financial stability of an individual or entity
- This certificate indicates one’s history which he has earned with his previous dealings with other financial institutions from where he had earlier availed of loans.
- This certificate helps to get financial support by way of loans from banks or other financial institutions
- The Odisha solvency certificate authenticates that a person is not a declared insolvent.
- Solvency certificate is usually used to prove financial strength while applying for a visa interview
- Solvency certificate is an essential document for Government departments or other organisations for applying for tenders or similar purposes
- Many companies require solvency certificate for auditing purpose
- This is particularly very useful for students who wish to pursue higher education abroad as most universities need this certificate
- Solvency certificate is mandatory for seeking admission in Government medical or engineering colleges
- This certificate plays a crucial role in court matters like obtaining bails.
- Solvency certificate is needed for submitting to the property sales tax in Odisha
Note: A bank also issues solvency certificates on the basis of bank account transactions and reports obtained from a Chartered Accountant. Know more about Bank Solvency Certificate.
Attributes in Odisha Solvency Certificate
Solvency certificate contains the detailed particulars of property (movable or immovable property) in addition to this the amount for which the person’s solvent and the assets considered for computing the solvency will be mentioned in Odisha solvency certificate.
The below-mentioned details will be considered in an Odisha solvency certificate:
- Aspects of District, Taluk and Village of the property
- Old survey and Subdivision number of the property
- Information regarding the re-survey block
- Resurvey, and subdivision number will be considered for computing the solvency
- Land mutation number
- Class and Extent of land in Hector
- Market value and Fair Value of the property
- Details of Liability Amount
The eligibility criteria to obtain Odisha solvency certificate is given here:
- Permanent residence of Odisha can apply for solvency certificate in the respective Tahasil
- The person having his or her landed property in Odisha is entitled to obtain Solvency Certificate
Odisha solvency certificate will be issued within 30 days from the date of application.
The validity of Solvency Certificate
Odisha solvency certificate is valid for one year from date of issuing.
The fee structure for obtaining Kerala solvency certificate is explained in details below.
|1||Service Charges of the kiosk Operator||Rs.8|
|4||Certificate Output Charges||Rs.10|
|6||The Government fees and User costs||Rs.30|
Revenue and Disaster Management, Government of Odisha, is the concerned department for the issuance of Odisha solvency certificate. The applicant requesting for the solvency certificate should apply to the Tahsildar of the concerned Tahasil which is the competent authority. The following officer will process the Odisha solvency certificate:
- Chief Officer in Charge of Revenue Administration of the concerned & District, Sub-division/Tahasil
- Additional District Magistrate
- Additional Tahasildar
The Odisha solvency certificate for an amount exceeding five lakh rupees will be granted by the Tahasildar and Additional Tahasildar subject to the approval of Sub-Collector.
Below-mentioned documents must be furnished to apply for Odisha solvency certificate.
- Ration Card
- Proof of Identify – Voter ID
- Proof of Address – Aadhaar Card
- Proof of ownership of property
- Land Tax
- Extract of Records of Rights
- Encumbrance certificate (This document is evidence that the property in question is free from any monetary and legal liabilities)
- Proof for Income Sources – Income certificate
Applying through District Revenue Office
Guidelines for applying Odisha solvency certificate through District Revenue Office in is described in detail here.
Approach District Revenue Office
Step 1: Applicant needs to visit the District Revenue Office to apply for solvency certificate through offline mode.
Submit an Application
Step 2: Applicant has to submit an application in the prescribed format for the Odisha solvency certificate. Get the solvency certificate application form from office and fill duly according to the norms.
Submit all other required documents to the concerned office along with application form.
Get Acknowledgement Receipt
Step 4: Obtain an acknowledgement slip with the unique application number for solvency certificate application. Keep it safe for future reference.
Step 5: Once the application for Odisha solvency certificate has been submitted; the concerned authority will process the solvency application.
Local Enquiry by the Revenue officer
Step 6: A local enquiry will be conducted for verifying the applicant’s immovable properties, the income and sources
Obtain Odisha Solvency Certificate
After local investigation and the request for solvency certificate has been approved, the concerned revenue officer will issue a solvency certificate. Revisit the office and provide the unique application number. You can collect the Odisha solvency certificate, and it can be used for the purpose mentioned above.
Applying for Odisha solvency certificate through CSC centre
Procedure to get Odisha solvency certificate through CSC centre is explained in detail below.
Approach CSC centre
Step 1: Applicant needs to approach the nearest CSC centre for obtaining a solvency certificate.
Submit an Application
Step 2: The applicant has to apply in the prescribed format for obtaining Odisha solvency certificate at the CSC centre. The application form for getting the Odisha solvency certificate is enclosed here.Odisha Solvency Certificate
Provide the following details in the application form:
- Personal information Parents Details
- Spouse Details
- Contact Details
- Permanent address
- Details of submitter
- Purpose of obtaining solvency certificate
- Land Record Details
- Plot Details
- Solvency Certificate for the amount (in Rs.)
Step 3: Furnish all necessary documents (refer above) to the CSC centre, service operator. The request for solvency certificate will be forwarded online to the concerned authority, i.e., Tahasildar.
Note: CSC centre service operator will issue a receipt with the solvency certificate application number. This application number will also be sent to the registered mail ID and mobile number. Keep this number it safe for future reference.
Step 4: The concerned authority, Tahasildhar will process the solvency certificate request.
Step 5: After downloading all verification and proceeding documents, Tahasildhar will take action for issuing an Odisha solvency certificate.
Odisha solvency certificate application status will be updated through SMS. The applicant can also track application status from the Odisha e-District portal home page.
Enter your solvency application number and click on search button, solvency certificate application status will be displayed.
Verify the Solvency Certificate
Once the applicant’s solvency certificate request is accepted, an SMS will be sent to registered mobile number as the application has been approved.
Verify the Odisha solvency certificate details in the Odisha e-District portal by entering application number.
Get Odisha Solvency Certificate
After verification, if Revenue officer (Tahasildhar) approves the request for solvency certificate, Odisha solvency certificate can be downloaded. Revisit CSC centre and provide the application number.
CSC centre person will provide the digitally signed Odisha Solvency Certificate. It can be used for all purposes as mentioned above.