NDBI Incubation Program December 2021 Cohort
NDBI Incubation Program December 2021 Cohort
National Design Business Incubator announces the NDBI Incubation Program December 2021 Cohort. NDBI has partnered with Startup India as the key partner for rolling out the Program. NDBI Incubation Program aims to promote design-focused startups. NDBI not only supports designers to turn their ideas and concepts into successful competitive businesses. The NBDI wants to create a new class of entrepreneurs, the Design-preneurs. The current article briefs the procedure to apply for the NDBI incubation program December 2021 cohort.
Know More About Startupxy Incubation Program For Technology Startups
National Design Business Incubator (NDBI)
National Design Business Incubator (Ndbi) Is A Business Incubator Hosted At the National Institute Of Design And Supported By the Department Of Science & Technology, Government Of India And Department For Promotion Of Industry & Internal Trade (Dpiit), Ministry Of Commerce & Industry, And Government Of India. It Is Also One Of The Nodal Institute For Implementing the Government Of Gujarat Startup/Innovation Policy.
The Objective of NDBI Incubation Program
The objective of NDBI is to nurture a culture of entrepreneurship in the creative minds of young designers so that their ideas metamorphose into newer and niftier products or services capable of being utilized commercially.
NDBI also provides an environment to startups, where they can develop the essential business management skills and systems that enable them to grow.
Benefits Offered to Startups
Ndbi will provide the following support to its selected startups:
- Co-working office space at its Ahmadabad and Bengaluru campus
- Mentorship support will be provided to selected startups
- Networking and intellectual property rights(IPR) support
- Ndbi offers access to seed funding and access to design labs
- Other supports like legal, company formation also provided to selected startups
Duration of NDBI incubation program
Ndbi incubation program is for 18 months. An extension of 6 months may be given to a startup after the completion of 18 months if ndbi feels that the startup needs more time support and guidance from NDBI.
Eligible Startup For Ndbi Incubation Program
The Following Type Of Startups Can Apply For The Ndbi Incubation Program 2021:
- Validation Stage Startup
- Early Traction Startup
- Scaling Stage Startup
Eligibility Criteria For NDBI Incubation Program
Any startup, which qualifies as a startup as per the definition of the government of India is eligible to apply for ndbi.
- A startup should be registered as a private limited, LLP, or partnership company*
- The startup date of incorporation should not be more than 10 years old
- Startup’s turnover for any financial year since incorporation and registration should not have exceeded Rs. 100 crore
- A startup should be working on innovation, development, or improvement of products or processes, or services
- A startup should not be formed by splitting up or reconstructing an existing business
If the startup is not registered at the time of selection, it gets three months to complete the formalities
Support to Design-Based Startup
Ndbi’s focus is to support design-based startups, but other startups are also supported if ndbi feels that it can add value to the startup and the startup has the potential of becoming a sustainable business
B.Incube Start-Up Incubation Program 2021 Is Looking To Collaborate & Work With Startups In Any Of The Following Themes:
- Advertising And Architecture Interior Design
- Ar Vr (Augmented + Virtual Reality)
- Automotive And Art & Photography
- Animation And Computer Vision
- Construction And Agriculture
- Green Technology And Fashion
- Food & Beverages
- Design, Education, And Renewable Energy
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Internet Of Things And Marketing
- Media & Entertainment
- Retail, Sports And Social Impact
- Social Network, Textiles & Apparel
- Transportation & Storage
- Logistics, Travel & Tourism
- Safety, Passenger Experience, And Waste Management
- Toys And Games
Relevant Service Type
- Government, Hyperlocal, And Discovery
- Location-Based Services, Manufacturing And Marketplace
- Mobile, Offline, And Online Aggregator
- Peer To Peer, Platform, And Consulting
- Consumer Internet, E-Commerce, And Rental
- Research, Social Enterprise, And Subscription Commerce
Fee For Incubation Program
Considerations For Ndbi Incubation Program:
- Cash Consideration: One Time Registration Fee Of Rs. 15,000/- (Rupees Fifteen Thousand Only) Need To Be Paid.
- Non-Cash Consideration: 2% Of Non-Dilutable Equity Equivalent To Promoter’s Holding Also Need To Be Paid.
Interested Startups can apply for NDBI Incubation Program by filling up the application form available at the Official website of NDBI.
- From the Home page click on the “NDBI Incubation program | Apply Here” option. The link will redirect to a new page.
- For new users, a public profile/basic information will be used to create a profile. The existing user can log in to the portal using the user name and password.
- After providing all the information in the application form, click on the submit button. The application will be forwarded to NDBI for The Preliminary Screening.
- After The Preliminary Screening, Shortlisted Startups Are Invited To Present Their Idea And Business Plan To A Selection Committee.
- Based On Their Presentation And Recommendations Of The Selection Committee, Selected Startups Are Invited For Incubation Program
Post by Renu Suresh
Renu is experience content writer specialised in compliances and company rules.