Incubation Opportunity for New Entrepreneurs in Apparel Manufacturing
Incubation Opportunity for New Entrepreneurs in Apparel Manufacturing
The Government of Madhya Pradesh is setting up an “Apparel Incubation Centre” at Gwalior, which is being implemented by the Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (IIDC) with “National Institute of Fashion Technology NIFT, as its “Knowledge Partner”. The project is sanctioned by Ministry of Textiles, Government of India under its “Scheme to set up incubation centers in apparel manufacturing (SIAM)”.
The government of Madhya Pradesh has invited applications from new entrepreneurs for incubating their project at the Incubation Centre in Apparel Manufacturing. The current article will explain the Incubation Opportunity for New Entrepreneurs in Apparel Manufacturing in detail
Scheme for Incubation Center for Apparel Manufacturing
The Ministry of Textiles, Government of India is implementing the Scheme to set up incubation centers in apparel manufacturing (SIAM) which was launched on a pilot basis in January 2014. The scheme envisages promoting entrepreneurship in apparel manufacturing, creating additional manufacturing capacity, and generating additional employment opportunities. Three projects have been sanctioned by the Government one each in the States of Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, and Haryana.
The objective of the Scheme is to promote entrepreneurs in apparel manufacturing by providing them an integrated workspace and linkages-based entrepreneurial ecosystem with plug-and-play facilities that help them in reducing operational and financial costs for establishing and growing a new business.
Incubation Opportunity for New Entrepreneurs at Gwalior MP
As mentioned above, the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India has sanctioned a project to set up an “Apparel Incubation Project” at Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh. The main objective of the scheme is to promote emerging innovative ventures that seek the nurturing of ideas from professionals beyond traditional activities.
Objectives of Incubation Centers for Apparel Manufacturing
The scheme for Incubation centers in apparel manufacturing addresses the difficulties by creating an integrated workspace and entrepreneurial ecosystem for startups in the Apparel Manufacturing Industry. This eco-system would increase the chance of success of startups and decrease the time and costs required to start a business
- To promote entrepreneurship in apparel manufacturing
- To Create additional manufacturing capacity
- To Generate additional employment opportunities
Financial Assistance to the Incubator
The scheme provides the following financial assistance to each of the Incubatee towards capacity building.
Skill Development for Workers: The scheme provides Rs.20 lakhs per Incubatee towards the training of 200 workers. The training should be carried out for 3 months following the norms prescribed by the Skill Development Scheme of the Ministry of Textiles.
Domestic & International Fair Participation: The scheme provides Rs.5 lakhs per Incubatee for visit /participation to three domestic exhibitions on the textile industry and one international fair/exhibition.
Product Design & Development: The scheme provides Rs.5 lakhs per Incubatee towards training on product design and development.
Entrepreneurship Development: The scheme provides Rs.1 lakh per Incubatee towards training on entrepreneurship development.
Hence, the scheme for Incubation Center for Apparel Manufacturing provides Rs.31 lakh in financial assistance for each Entrepreneur in the Incubation Center.
Benefits Offered to an Incubator
Benefits provided by Government to an Incubatee is described below:
- The government of Madhya Pradesh will provide a Buildup area of 15000sq. Feet at Incubation Centre Gwalior for 3 years.
- The government would provide ready to use workspace with 100 specialized sewing machines, ancillary equipment /finishing equipment/pre operatives, along with other necessary common facilities such as office space, store, toilets, etc.
- Selected Incubatees would also be given necessary Training and Mentoring in the areas of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship Development, and Product Design Development.
- Selected incubates would be supported to build market linkages through CMAI (Clothing Manufacturing Association of India), AEPC (Apparel Export Promotion Council), to increase their potential in the global market, and assistance through visits/participation to National and International Exhibitions.
The eligibility criteria for Scheme for Incubation Center for Apparel Manufacturing is explained below:
- The age limit to apply for the scheme for Incubation Center is 21-45.
- Diploma/Degree holders of any discipline related to Textile, Apparel, Fashion design with about 0-3 years of work experience can apply for the scheme
- Apparel Designers who wish to venture into entrepreneurship with innovation fulfill the above criteria also eligible for the scheme
Note: National Institute of Fashion Technology NIFT Graduates shall be given preference.
The incubation period will be of three years during which it is envisaged that the selected Incubatee will be fully trained and capable to run a higher venture independently
The following documents are mandatory to apply for the Scheme for Incubation Center for Apparel Manufacturing:
- Business Plan and Application
- Aadhaar Card and PAN card
- Birth Certificate and Residence Certificate
- Community Certificate issued by the Competent Authority
- Disability Certificate
- Attested copies of Mark Sheets, Degree Certificate
- Attested copies of experience certificates
Application Procedure for Scheme for Incubation Center for Apparel Manufacturing
Candidates are encouraged to apply in the prescribed application format along with their Business Plan. The application and Business Plan format are enclosed here for reference:Registration Form for Incubatee
Interested Candidates may forward their applications along with the requisite details to Prof. Sameer Sood, Joint Director, National Institute of Fashion Technology, NIFT Block, M. P. Bhoj Open University Campus, Kolar Road, Bhopal – 462016 (M.P.) by post OR by E-mail at: [email protected]
All the candidates who applied for the Incubation project would be shortlisted based on their Qualifications, Experience, and the business plan submitted by them in the prescribed format along with their financial proposal. Shortlisted applicants shall be intimated for an interview/presentation
The shortlisted candidates would be asked for the presentation along with their financial proposal.
After evaluating their credentials, project report, and financial proposal submitted by Incubates, Incubatee would be selected by the joint approval of the selection committee.
The result for the selected candidates would be published on the official websites NIFT and Madhya Pradesh MSME
Post by Renu Suresh
Renu is experience content writer specialised in compliances and company rules.