Ganga Kalyana Scheme
Ganga Kalyana Scheme
The State Government of Karnataka State has launched the Karnataka Ganga Kalyana Scheme to help the Farmers in the State. Under this scheme, the Karnataka Government will provide one drilled borewell or open well with the pump set from Karnataka Minority Development Corporation Ltd (KDMC) or lift irrigation facility to the eligible and needy beneficiaries of the State. In this article, we look at the Ganga Kalyana Scheme in detail.
Key Features of the Ganga Kalyana Scheme
Under this scheme, the Government has made some provision which is given below:
- The scheme aims to provide proper irrigation facility to the small farmers who are unable to get water resource in their land through Open Wells, Borewells or other Lift Irrigation Schemes
- Farmers who are small or marginal will get water resources from the Government
- Financial Assistance: In case the perennial water sources are not available, then KDMC will provide loans for individual borewell construction on water points recommended by expert geologists. The Government will provide financial assistance to the farmers to build the borewell and open wells in the suitable land. The KDMC will offer this financial help. The construction cost of wells and irrigation system, the State Government of Karnataka has set a budget of Rs. 1.5 Lakh per beneficiary to promote agricultural activities
This Ganga Kalyana Scheme by the Karnataka State Government would apply to the farmers of the State who satisfies the below criteria:
- Applicant must belong to the minority community
- Applicant must be a permanent citizen of Karnataka
- He or she must be a small or marginal farmer
- Family’s annual income of the applicant must not exceed Rs.22,000 p.a. from all sources
Note: Farmers, who have less than 5 acres of landholding with 7 minority family members are associated with the land, can also avail the benefits of the lift irrigation facility under this Ganga Kalyana Scheme in Karnataka.
Individual Borewell – Eligibility Criteria
The following are the eligibility criteria for the individual borewell or open well will be the same as the Lift Irrigation facility:
- The KDMC provides a subsidy for individual borewells construction and also will supervise the construction and maintenance of the wells. After five years, consumer cooperatives will oversee the work of such wells with pumps and other types of wells under the scheme
- Farmers who own minimum 2 acres and maximum 5 acres of land and no nearby permanent water supply will get one well from the State
- This scheme cost Rs.1,50,000 per beneficiary, which also includes the pump and energisation cost
Online Application Procedure
The eligible beneficiaries can apply for the Ganga Kalyana scheme through the following steps given below:
Step 1: The applicants can go to the official website to apply for the scheme.
Step 2: Click on the “Application Forms” option under the “citizen corner” menu on the home page.
Step 3: Now click on the download option to download the application form in the PDF format.
The form is below for ready reference:
Step 4: Complete all the necessary details in the application form, and the applicant is required to submit the filled application forms to the District Magistrate of their respective districts.
Step 5: After verification by the District Magistrate and Taluk Committee, the selected applications will be transferred to the concerning department for further process.
This scheme will not only help farmers of the State to grow their production but also will be encouraging for agricultural promotion in the State.