The Andhra Pradesh Government has introduced the e-Pragati Portal to provide integrated services to its citizens. e-Pragati Portal aims to deliver government services with more efficiency, accountability, transparency, accessibility and reliability. It focuses on enhancing the quality of citizens life, through high-quality education and healthcare, increased productivity in agriculture and allied activities, the creation of employment by promoting electronics and information technology, and all, by providing good governance through this portal. In this article, we look at the e-Pragati Portal in detail.
Vision of the e-Pragati
The goal of the e-Pragati to be a catalyst for developing the effectiveness of implementing various developmental projects and welfare schemes initiated by the government.
Mission of the e-Pragati
The given below are the missions of e-Pragati Portal.
Primary Sector Mission
The focused areas under primary sector mission include making agriculture and allied activities profitable and sustainable, mitigate drought through water conservation, manage post-harvest activities effectively, enhance storage, processing and value addition capacity. Primary sector departments and its sub-departments interact with other departments, within the state and also with the Indian government, external agencies such as banks, other state governments, private agencies and bilateral and multilateral funding institutions for discharging various functions and delivery of services.
The mission of social empowerment focuses are as follows:
- Ensuring quality education, health care and nutrition for all citizen to achieve the millennium development goals (MDGs) or other goals indicators like sustainable development goals that are being developed by united nations.
- Ensuring women empowerment and safety.
- Monitoring the quality of services and improving the living standard of citizens.
- Ensuring specific focus on the disadvantaged sections of the society- especially the scheduled castes and scheduled tribes, backward classes and minorities and economically poor sections of other castes to ensure growth with equity.
The key focus areas under Knowledge and Skills Development mission include ensuring quality higher and technical education to the youth, sector analysis of skill gaps, forecasting of jobs and skills, industry collaboration, developing soft-skills, placement facilitation and knowledge management.
Knowledge and Skills Development Mission departments and sub-departments interact with other departments, within the State and also with departments of Government of India, external agencies such as banks, other state governments, private agencies and institutions for discharging serval functions and for delivery of e-Pragati services.
The Mission would focus on:
- To establish three mega cities and ten smart cities.
- To develop a roadmap for sustainable urban development by improving transportation, housing, expanding
- opportunities and living standards;
- To provide financial resource mobilisation strategies for sustainable urban development.
- To maintain solid waste management and treatment of wastewater, pedestrian and cycling friendly clean and green urban spaces.
The Mission would focus on:
- To assist in achieving strategic outcomes as enshrined in the Swarnandhra Vision 2029.
- To ensure sustainable and inclusive industrial growth.
- To improve the quantum and quality of skilled manpower and create significant employment opportunities.
- To create employment opportunities for an additional 10 lakh people by the end of 2020.
- To enhance the productivity of all industrial sectors.
- To streamlining planning and delivery mechanisms.
- Institutional development and capacity building.
Infrastructure Development is important for economic growth and plays a major role in fixing up an enabling platform for sustainable economic development. It contains services such as water, power and electricity, telecommunications, sewage and sanitation, gas, roads, railways, ports, airports, which support commercial activities, production and consumption. Moreover, financial services such as banking, industrial and commercial development, tourism and entertainment and other segments also significantly contribute to the growth process.
The mission focuses on enhancing job opportunities, IT-based Governance, tourism. The Mission would focus on improving job opportunities and boosting GSDP through the following growth engines:
- To Prepare a strategy and action plan for enhancing job opportunities and raising GSDP through areas like tourism, construction, hospitality, financial services, education, IT, and other related activities.
- To provide the potential of education and health sector to offer high-quality services to other states and countries;
- Achieving growth in IT sector through Electronics & IT Sub-Mission, Innovation & Capacity Building Sub-Mission and e-Governance Sub-Mission
- Development of Information Technology Investment Regions
The following are the services provided under the e-Pragathi portal.
Government to citizens services
To enhance the efficiency, and transparency and convenience of citizens and business in dealing with the government, through the following features and facilities.
Government to Government services
This service for government employees for accessing a variety of service are
This portal also facilitates with the technical services to the CIOs and technical users of the Government.
- Pragati standards
- E-Pragati core platform related artefcats
- UX Artefactory
e-Pragati Portal Registration
The user can register through the official portal of e-Pragati to get the services, follow the steps mentioned below:
Provide Login Details
Step 1: For the new user, registration click on the Login button displayed on the homepage to register.
Select the Option
Step 2: To register with the e-Pragati portal, select any of the below options under new user registration.
- Aadhaar Id with OTP.
- Aadhaar Id and biometric.
- Phone Number with OTP
- email with OTP.
Aadhaar with OTP
Step 3: Select the type from the list of options in the dropdown.
Step 4: Enter the OTP which you have received.
Step 5: If approved, an acknowledgement of being enrolled is displayed in the screen of the user, and home page of the e-Pragati portal is displayed.