Chhattisgarh Partnership Firm Registration
Chhattisgarh Partnership Firm Registration
Partnership firm registration can be completed by a group of individuals who come together for doing a for-profit. In Chhattisgarh, all partnership firms are regulated by the Indian Partnership Act, 1932, and as per this provision, a partnership firm must be registered. In this article, we look at the procedure for Chhattisgarh partnership firm registration in detail.
Registration of Firms Laws, 1932
A partnership firm agreement is applicable between two or more persons who are qualified to contract for a business purpose, subject to the following:
- Every person in the age of majority according to the regulations.
- An individual not suspended from contracting by any law which makes him ineligible to join a partnership.
Uses of Registering Partnership Firm
There are various benefits for registering a partnership firm which is as follows:
Easy to setup: Partnership firms can be recorded easily compared to Limited Liability Partnership, as it is not necessary to get DSC, DIN, and Name Endorsement. LLP registration comes under Central Government (Ministry of Corporate Affairs) laws while State Governments laws govern the filing of a partnership firm.
Name of Partnership Firm: Partnership firms can choose to have any name as long as it does not violate a registered trademark.
No need for annual filing: Partnership firms are not expected to file its annual return with the Registrar each year, unlike a Limited Liability Partnership or Company.
Non-Registration of Firm
Unregistered firms and partners go through the following consequences.
- A claim for setoff towards an unregistered firm is not possible.
- The unregistered firm partner will not be eligible to file for a case in court by a partner towards the firm or another co-partner.
- No case can be filed in court by the firm against third parties.
Partnership Firm Naming
The name of the partnership firm should not be related to the name of any other existing company operating a similar business to avoid duplication in the name of firms.
- Also, the name must not include terms like Emperor, Empress, Crown, Empire.
- Approval of Partnership firm only if the State Government signifies its consent in writing to the acceptance of such words as part of the name of partnership firm.
Deed of Partnership
A Partnership Deed is an official document in which the law for the members of a partnership is included. A Partnership deed consists of elements that are mentioned below:
- Name of firm and partner.
- Address of firm and partner.
- Type of business to be carried out by the partners of the firm.
- Commencement date of the business/ firm.
- The term of the partners (whether for a project/ fixed period).
- Profit sharing ratio among the partners.
- Capital contribution from each partner.
The elements represented above are the essentials that are needed in every partnership deed. If required, the partners may also cover any additional clauses. Some of the other provisions which can be involved in a deed of a partnership are listed here:
- Interest on Partner Loan, Partner Capital and Interest, if any has to be charged.
- Commissions, Salaries, etc., if any, liable for partners in a firm.
- The method of making accounts and audit arrangements.
- Division of responsibilities and tasks, i.e. the powers, duties, and commitments by all the partners in the firm.
- Terms and conditions to be followed in case of retirement, death and admission of a new partner.
The required documents are to be furnished along with the application form.
- ID Proof of Partners (Aadhar, Driving License, Pan Card, Passport, Voter ID ).
- Address Proof of Partner ( Aadhar, Bank Passbook, Telephone Bill, Electricity Bill, Voter Id, Driving License).
- Copy of Partnership deed.
Online Application Procedure
To register for online partnership firm in Chhattisgarh, follow the steps specified here:
Step 1: Kindly visit the official website of Registrar, Firms and Societies of the Chhattisgarh Government.
Step 2: Click on “New User Registration” menu which is visible on the homepage of the portal.
Step 3: Now, a registration page will be opened where you have to fill all the required details and submit it.
Step 4: After successful submission, you will get an OTP on your registered mobile number, which you need to submit for the completion of the user registration process.
Step 5: Then click on the “Login” menu on the homepage.
Step 6: In the Login page, enter your registered user-id and password.
Step 7: Click on “Firm” Tab for availing related services.
Step 8: For new Firm registration click on the “Click here for new Firm” option as shown below.
Step 9: Firm registration application form is divided into four sections and fill all the relevant information on each section.
Step 10: You can only apply after completion of all four divisions.
Step 11: Upload all the necessary documents as required to complete the procedure and click on the “Next” button.
Step 12: Then the applicant should proceed with the payment details for successful registration of Partnership firm.
Payment Generation Procedure
You can pay the registration fees through eChallan Portal by using the following steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of Finance of Chhattisgarh.
Step 2: If the user registering for the website for the first time then click on “New Registration” link on the welcome page.
Step 3: After registering now the applicant can be able to login with the details like user code and password.
Step 4: Then select “Commerce And Industries” on the department list.
Step 5: Fill the form with correct details and press the “submit” button.
Step 6: On successful payment, you will get a Treasury Reference Number (TRN), click on the “Submit” button to complete the payment process.
Track Application Status
The applicant can track the status of the application submitted online by clicking on the online service which is below of firm dashboard.
- Click on the “Verification” tab which is on the home screen.
- On the next page, enter the certificate number, Date of registration and press the “Verify” button to track the application status.
After the approval of his application, the user can view and download the digitally signed certificate from Approved Application option.
The entire process for processing your application for registering partnership firm will be completed within fifteen days from the submission of application.