Agriculture Entrepreneurship Promotion Scheme
Agriculture Entrepreneurship Promotion Scheme
The Odisha government has launched an Agriculture Entrepreneurship Promotion Scheme to assist the agriculture entrepreneurs across the rural areas in the state. The scheme was initiated by the State Chief Minister during the ‘Make in Odisha Conclave 2018’. In this article, let us look in detail about Agriculture Entrepreneurship Promotion Scheme.
Objectives of the Scheme
The goals of Agriculture Entrepreneurship Promotion Scheme is given below.
- To develop agricultural entrepreneurship
- To inspire and support agricultural entrepreneurs
- To build self-employment
- To create job opportunities
- To advance Odisha’s economy
Vision of the Scheme
The idea of the scheme is to grow rural economy and to generate self-employment and jobs in the rural areas of the State. This system will be implemented in three years from the date of its announcement. All rural entrepreneurs will be trained under the scheme, and 1000 trained entrepreneurs will be receiving the benefits of the programme.
Features of Agriculture Entrepreneurship Promotion Scheme
The significant features of the scheme are listed below.
- It is a scheme to revive the agricultural economy by promoting Agricultural Entrepreneurship in Odisha.
- Every agricultural entrepreneur will be working with 150 farmers in three farms and provides solutions to small and marginal farmers.
- The State Government has allocated a sum of Rs. 18 Crores for the implementation of the scheme.
- The scheme offers quality inputs and technology-based agricultural services to the farmers.
- The scheme sets up enterprises to initiate the revival of the rural economy of the State.
- The scheme ensures that small and medium farmers to earn at least 2-6 lakh per year.
- The scheme is implemented under the chairmanship of the Agricultural Promotion and Investment Corporation of Odisha (APICOL).
- The scheme sets up monitoring systems that enable to design, plan and to implement the project.
- Odisha Organic Farming Policy has been announced to develop organic farming.
- The scheme was declared during the Agri-Business Management session at the Make in Odisha Conclave 2018.
- Agriculture and Farmers’ Empowerment Department and NABARD have signed an MoU for doorsteps.
- In addition to this, an additional MoU has been signed with the Indian Insitute of Millets Research and also with National Seed Corporation for seeds production in the State.
Benefits of Agriculture Entrepreneurship Promotion Scheme
Given below are the benefits of the scheme.
- Modern farm equipment and agricultural services will be offered to the state farmers at their door steps by getting help from the farming entrepreneurs.
- Women entrepreneurs will be given first preference in receiving the benefits of the scheme.
- It provides a cost reduction, better production and more production for the farmers.
- There is an elevation in the revenues of the farmers.
- The scheme assists around 1000 rural agricultural entrepreneurs of the State.
The following are the eligibility standards of the scheme.
- The applicant has to be a resident of the State.
- The applicant has to be in the age group of 18-45 years.
- The applicant has to possess one-acre land with 2000 square feet constructed area.
The required documents to apply for this scheme is given below.
- Residential certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- Address Proof
- Land Records
- Voter ID
The step-wise procedure to apply for this scheme is given here.
Step 1: Visit the Service Centre
The candidate has to approach the nearest service centre.
Step 2: Obtain the Application Form
The candidate has to obtain the application form by remitting the required fee.
Step 3: Enter the Details
After obtaining the application form, the candidate has to enter the required details.
Step 4: Submit the Application
After entering all the information, the candidate has to attach the required documents and then submit the application form.
Post by Bennisha
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.