Design Registration In Andhra Pradesh
Design registration is a type of intellectual property protection under which the newly created design is applied to the article which is under industrial processing can be protected from counterfeiting. Design registration on Andhra Pradesh grants the creator exclusive rights to use the design for ten years, which can be further extended for five years.
Any shape, configuration, pattern, or ornament, or composition of lines and colors and combination applied to any article can be registered under the Design Act,2000. For a design to be registered in Andhra Pradesh it must satisfy the following conditions:
- The design should be new and original
- The design should relate to the shape, configuration, pattern, or ornament that is applied to an article
- The design must be applied to any article through industrial processing
- The design must be visible and should appear in the article.
Documents required for design registration in Andhra Pradesh
- A certified copy of the original or the certified copies of the extracts from the disclaimer
- Other public documents
The affidavit should be in paragraph format and should include a declaration of truth and verifiability. The cost involved in design registration in Andhra Pradesh may be regulated by the controller according to the fourth schedule.