National MSME Awards Scheme
National MSME Awards Scheme
The Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises has issued the operational guidelines in respect of the National MSME Awards Scheme vide a Notification dated 21st January 2022. The Ministry with a view to recognizing the efforts and contribution of MSMEs gives National Award annually to selected entrepreneurs and enterprises under the National MSME Awards Scheme. The monetary rewards for the National MSME award range between Rs 1 Lakh – Rs 3 Lakh.
Benefit for Entrepreneurs
As mentioned above, the winner of the National MSME will get the monetary rewards range between Rs 1 Lakh – Rs 3 Lakh.
- The MSME winners of the awards shall have the privilege of allowing their employees to wear labels, pins, ties, logos, or other distinctive badges with the symbol of the Awards indicating the year of Award inscribed on it.
- The entrepreneurs can also use the symbol on their letterheads or any advertisement issued along with the year of the award.
- The amount of cash prize received by winners is exempted under section 10(17) of the Income Tax Act 1961
Categories of National MSME Awards at the National Level
Ministry has categorized National MSME awards for Manufacturing Entrepreneurship (12 Awards), Awards for Service Entrepreneurship (9 Awards), Awards for Special Category of Enterprises (14 Awards). The monetary rewards for the National MSME award range between Rs 1 Lakh – Rs 3 Lakh.
Further Ministry has kept awards for Women Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurs belonging to SC/ST Category, Entrepreneurs belonging to ‘Divyang’ Category, Entrepreneurs belonging to the States of NER, Trophy, and Certificates for Institutional Support to MSMEs.NATIONAL MSME AWRADS 2021_22 TO 2025_26-3
Note: Awards in the category of Enterprises will also carry a Trophy and Certificate
Awards for Institutional Support to MSMEs
In order to motivate the State/ UT Government and Aspirational Districts for the development and growth of MSMEs in their area of jurisdiction, provision of awards at the National level for the State/ UT Government and Aspirational Districts has been made accordingly.
With a view to encouraging the Banks to enhance credit flow to the MSE sector, National Awards to the Banks in recognition of their outstanding performance in financing the Micro and Small enterprises are put in place and accordingly, provision for awards to the bankers for their outstanding credit flow to the MSME sector especially for excellence in lending to the Microenterprises & to the Micro and Small enterprises have been made based on the analysis of credit data received from the RBI on the criteria determined by the Selection Committee.
Awards for Institutional Support to MSMEs
|1||Awards to States/UTs for their contribution towards the promotion and development of MSMEs||3 Awards||Trophy and Certificate|
|2||Awards to Aspirational Districts for their contribution towards the promotion and development of MSMEs||3 Awards||Trophy and Certificate|
|3||Award to Banks for their for their contribution towards the promotion and development of MSMEs||3 Awards||Trophy and Certificate|
Minimum Qualifying Criterion For Awards
For Non-Technical Awards (Manufacturing, Services & Exports)
|For Non-Technical Awards (Manufacturing, Services & Exports)|
|50%||40%||Promotion of Special Category and to shortlist more Enterprises for the Second phase of scrutiny|
|Awards for Technically Efficient MSMEs|
|40%||50%||60%||To expand the scope for Micro Units|
Documents Required for National MSME Awards Scheme
Valid Udyam Registration Number
- Udyam registration is a must as the system will pick all the details of the Unit from Udyam Registration Number Registration Data Base (This will be cross-checked with the data to be filled by the Unit for Financial Parameters.
Environmental Clearance certificate
- Industrial license/fire/explosive license from the competent authority is mandatory for National MSME Award.
- In case the unit is exempted from Environment Clearance, then the exemption certificate signed a declaration to be uploaded
Social Security Norms ESI/PF
- Challans related to Social Security Norms ESI/PF to be uploaded In case the unit is exempted, then the exemption certificate or signed declaration to be uploaded
- The applicant has to give an online declaration that there is no criminal case/tax liability etc pending against it.
- MSME unit also has to upload a certificate that all bank accounts are standard as on the date of filing the application
Certified that I have cleared all the Income Tax dues and I am not involved in any economic or other offense for which legal action/inquiry is pending against me and also the above information furnished by me is correct. I undertake to refund the cash prize, trophy, and certificate if awarded to me, in case it is ever found that the information furnished above was incorrect. Further, I may also be liable for any action under the law of the land for any false declaration
National MSME Awards Scheme – Application Procedure
The application procedure to apply for the National MSME Awards Scheme is as follows:
Application Procedure for MSME
The eligible MSMEs need to submit online applications in the relevant category of awards.NATIONAL MSME AWRADS 2021_22 TO 2025_26-7-12_compressed
Note: An enterprise can apply for more than one category of award. The Awardees shall not be nominated or considered for the same or lower category of award in the subsequent 4 years. However, there will be no bar for awardees to be nominated or considered for a higher category of award in the subsequent year
- The online applications will be received at the Directorate of MSME-DI level for submission before the State Level Selection Committee (SLSC) for their onward recommendation to the NLSC level.
- MSME-DI of respective States/UTs will forward the State Level Selection Committee (SLSC)’s recommended eligible and qualifying MSMEs applications online along with the recommendations in the enclosed format to the office of the Development Commissioner (MSME), Ministry of MSME.
- The SLSC recommended applications will further be scrutinized at the National Level by the team of officers for evaluating the mark as per the criteria before submitting to NLSC for selection and recommendation of the awardees for obtaining final approval of the Hon’ble Union Minister (MSME)
Application Procedure for State/UT Government and Aspirational Districts
The State/UT Government and Aspirational Districts need to submit the application directly to the office of the Development Commissioner (MSME), Ministry of MSME, Government of India for consideration by the Selection Committee for States/UTs at the office of the Development Commissioner (MSME), Ministry of MSME, Government of India
Application Procedure for Bankers
For further motivating the bankers and ensuring smooth MSME credit, provision has also been made for the bankers for their excellence in the credit lending to Micro and Small Enterprises. The award will be provided based on the analysis of credit data received from the RBI on the criteria determined by the Selection Committee.