Delhi Vidwa Pension Scheme
Delhi Vidwa Pension Scheme
The Delhi Government has launched the Vidwa Pension Scheme for the welfare of widows in the state. This scheme intends to provide monthly financial assistance to the eligible widows of Delhi. The eligible beneficiaries of the scheme will receive a grant of Rs. 2500 per month from the State Government of Delhi. In this article, we look at the Delhi Vidhwa Widow Pension scheme in detail.
Objectives of the Scheme
The following are the objectives of the scheme:
- To strengthen the destitute women of the state by providing a better livelihood.
- To lessen the burden of the destitute women and make the survival of the women easier.
- To provide social and financial security to the women in their old age.
Duration of the Scheme
The Delhi Vidhwa Pension scheme can be registered by the eligible applicants of the state between the dates of 12th December 2018 to 25th January 2019.
The category of applicants listed below can apply for the scheme.
- To avail the benefits of the scheme, the applicant should be a permanent resident of Delhi.
- The age of the applicant should be between 18 to 60 years.
- The annual income of the applicant should not be more than Rs. 1 lakh (from all sources).
- The applicant should not avail any financial assistance or pension under State or Central Government relating to the widow pension scheme.
The documents that are required to apply for this scheme are as follows:
- Identity proof like PAN card, Voter ID, Identity card etc.
- Address Proof like domicile certificate, ration card, aadhar card etc.
- Two Passport size photographs of the applicant.
- Income certificate of the applicant.
- Death Certificate of the deceased husband.
- Bank account details (copy of bank passbook) of the applicant.
Application Procedure through CSC
The procedure for filing the application as follows:
- The applicant must visit the nearest Citizen Service Centre (CSC) and submit all your documents to the concerned officer at CSC for registration under the scheme.
- Then the duly filled application form will be forwarded to the prescribed authority for verification.
- After verification, the pension amount will be issued to the applicant within the specified time.
Applicant Procedure through Official Portal
To apply for the pension scheme, the applicant has to visit the e-District portal of Delhi Government and enrol yourself as the new user by filling the citizen registration form. After registering into the portal, the applicant has to select the “Delhi Pension Scheme” from the list of services. Fill the application form with all the required details and then attach all the necessary documents and submit your application online. After submitting the pension application form, you will receive an acknowledgement number for further reference.
Note: If your application is approved under this scheme, the pension amount will be directly sent to the beneficiary’s bank account through direct bank transfer.