YSR Pelli Kanuka Scheme
YSR Pelli Kanuka Scheme
The Government of Andhra Pradesh has proposed YSR Pelli Kanuka Scheme to provide financial assistance to the brides of different castes on the occasion of their marriage. Under this scheme, brides of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), backward classes (BC), minorities and disabled will be assisted with a maximum amount of Rs.1,25,000 for their marriage. This article explains about the YSR Pelli Kanuka Scheme in detail.
Also, read about Arundhati Scheme
Features of the Scheme
The key features of the YSR Pelli Kanuka Scheme are as follows:
- This scheme creates a sustainable growth of all these people that further helps with improving their standard of living in society.
- The Andhra Pradesh Government will allow only the girls from Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) to obtain the benefits under this scheme.
- The marriage assistance will be directly transferred to the beneficiaries through direct bank transfer.
To apply for the scheme the applicant has to satisfy the following criteria:
- The applicant must be the resident of Andhra Pradesh state.
- The applicant age should be at least 18 years old at the time of applying for the scheme.
- The applicant should be the category of economically weaker sections of society.
- The applicant annual income of the family should be less than Rs.2 lakhs from all sources.
Note: The widows and divorcee brides are not eligible to participate under this scheme.
The list of the incentive provided for the bride of certain caste is given below:
|S.No||Category||Amount of Assistance|
|1||Scheduled Castes (SCs)||Rs.1 lakh|
|2||Scheduled Tribes (STs)||Rs.1 lakh|
|3||SCs & STs Inter Caste Marriage||Rs.1.25 lakhs|
|4||Backward Classes (BCs)||Rs.50,000|
|5||BCs Inter Caste Marriage||Rs.75,000|
|8||Daughter of Labour Children||Rs.1 lakh|
- State Level – Director of Backward Classes Welfare Department.
- Rural Areas – Panchayat Raj Department
- Urban Areas – Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department.
This scheme will be implemented on the ground level according to the State Areas. In the rural areas, the panchayat raj department, along with the secretary, will implement the scheme. The Urban Development department and Municipal Administration will implement the scheme in urban areas of the state.
The below following documents are to be produced along with the application form.
- Birth certificate or SSC Certificate mentioning the date of birth of bride and groom.
- Community or caste certificate of bride and groom.
- Copy of domicile certificate
- Copy of Aadhar card of bride and groom
- Copy of income certificate of both groom and bride family.
- Wedding invitation card.
- Copy of passport size photography of bride and groom
- Copy of bank passbook.
- Copy of white ration card or BPL certificate.
Note: In the case of disabled applicants, disability certificate issued by Meesava is required to be submitted.
As the scheme has been launched newly by the Government of Andhra Pradesh is yet to announce about the online/offline application process. When the applications are rolled out, the beneficiaries eligible will be able to access the application form from the authorised website of state government. Under this Pelli kanuka scheme, the assistance will be directly sent to the beneficiary’s bank account through direct bank transfer.