Telangana Marriage Registration
Telangana Marriage Registration
Marriage registration is an important legal formality under Law that must be easily completed at the Sub-Registrar Office. Having a marriage registration certificate will help the couple with various formalities like PAN card name change, passport and visa application. The registration of marriages is controlled by the respective State Governments. Marriage registration certificate can be applied for and obtained through the Sub-Registrar office of the State Government. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining marriage registration certificate in Telangana State.
Telangana Hindu Marriage Act
Marriage registration can be completed under two Act namely, Hindu Marriage Act and Special Marriage Act in the State of Telangana: For a marriage to be registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, the following conditions must be fulfilled:
- The two partners are Hindus.
- Neither party has a spouse living at the time of the marriage.
- At the time of the marriage, neither party is incapable of giving a valid consent to the marriage.
- At the time of marriage, neither party is has been suffering from mental disorder of such a kind or to such an extent as to be unfit for marriage and the procreation of children.
- At the time of marriage, neither party has been subject to recurrent attacks of insanity o r epilepsy.
- The bridegroom has completed the age of 21 years and the bride, the age of 18 years at the time of the marriage.
- The couple are not within the degrees of prohibited relationship, unless the custom or usage governing each of them permits of a marriage between the two.
- The parties are not sapindas of each other, unless the custom or usage governing each of them permits of a marriage between the two.
Procedure for Hindu Marriage Registration
To obtain marriage registration certificate in Telangana, the Form A reproduced below in duplicate must be submitted along with the following documents:
- Wedding invitation card.
- Photograph of marriage ceremony capturing both wife and husband.
- Residential proof of either of the spouse.
- Copies of SSC Certificates of wife and husband or passport copies (for Date of Birth proof).
- Three witnesses to sign in the form.
- Three witnesses to sign in the register of Registrar office.
The marriage registration procedure can be completed at a Sub-Registrar office where the marriage venue is situated or at the Sub Registrar Office in whose jurisdiction either wife or husband has been residing for at least six months immediately preceding the date of marriage.Telangana Hindu Marriage Registration Application
Telangana Special Marriage Act
A marriage can be registered under the Special Marriage Act by a person of any faith. Further, persons belonging to different relations and faiths can also have their marriage registered under the Special Marriage Act in Telangana. To register a marriage under the Special Marriage Act, a 30 day notice must be provided to the public before solemnisation of the wedding.
Thus, under the Special Marriage Act, after the receipt of the notice the marriage officer will enter a true copy in the marriage notice Book and will publish the marriage notice in the notice board of Sub-Registrar office. Also, the notice will be published in the office of the marriage Registrar in whose District the parties are permanently residing.
Before the expiry of 30 days of notice any person can make an objection to the marriage, if it contravenes the essential conditions noted below. If there are no objections, after the expiry of 30 days of notice the Sub-Registrar will register the marriage. To register the marriage, the Bridegroom and Bride should sign a declaration in the presence of three witness and they should utter in the language known:
- I take ________ to be my lawful husband.
- I take ________ to be my lawful wife.
In addition, the couple could also choose any other form of solemnisation like exchanging the garlands or chain, apart from the above.
Conditions for Marriage under Special Marriage Act
For a marriage to be solemnised under the Special Marriage Act, the following conditions must be fulfilled:
- Neither party has a spouse living
- Neither party is an idiot or lunatic.
- Bridegroom has completed the age of 21 years and the Bride has completed the age of 18 years.
- Both the Bridegroom and Bride are not within the prohibited relationship.
Telangana Christian Marriage Act
Marriage between persons, one or both of whom is or are a Christian, can be solomenized in Telangana under the Christian Marriage Act. Christian marriages in Telangana would be solemnised by any of the following person who is licensed:
- A person who has received episcopal ordination, provided that the marriage be solemnized according to the rules, rites, ceremonies and customs of the Church of which he is a Minister.
- A Clergyman of the Church of Scotland, provided that such marriage be solemnized according to the rules, rites, ceremonies and customs of the Church of Scotland.
- By a Minister of Religion licensed under this Act to solemnize marriages.
- By, or in the presence of, a Marriage Registrar appointed under the Christian Marriage Act.
- By a person licensed under the Christian Marriage Act to grant certificates of marriage between Indian Christians.