Telangana Birth Certificate
Telangana Birth Certificate
Birth Certificate is an important document issued by Government to record a person’s Birth and identify them by name, place, date of birth and parentage. According to the Registration of Birth & Deaths Act, 1969 every birth has to be registered with the concerned State Government, and all citizens need to obtain a birth certificate to avail various facilities provided by Government. This article examines about registration of birth and procedure for obtaining Telangana birth certificate in detail.
Registration of Birth & Deaths Act, 1969
Registration of Birth & Deaths Act, 1969 provides the regulation for registration of birth and death in India. As per the provision of this RBD act, every birth should be registered with the concerned state Government within 21 days of occurrence.
Concerned Authority for registering Birth in Telangana:
- Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation
- Commissioner and Director of Municipal Administration Government of Telangana
Benefits of obtaining Birth Certificate
A birth certificate is mandatory for below-mentioned purposes:
- The birth certificate serves as proof for acquiring the right to vote
- To get admission in schools, this certificate needs to be furnished
- To enter military service
- The birth certificate is necessary to claim the right to marry at the legally permissible age
- It is mandatory for settlement of inheritance and property rights
- To obtain a driving licence and passport
- To get a pension, social security or health insurance provided by the Government
- To receive insurance benefits
Person responsible for registering a Birth
To obtain a birth certificate, the birth must be registered in concern local authorities within 21 days from date of occurrence:
- If the birth has taken place in hospitals, nursing homes or medical institutions, such birth is to be reported by the institutions
- If the birth has taken place at home, it is the responsibility of the head of the family, or any other family member have to report such births
To obtain a birth certificate in Telangana, the following documents must be submitted:
- Proof of birth of the child issued by the hospital or medical institution where the child is born (Letter from the hospital)
- Parent’s identity proof for verification
- Parents’ birth certificate or SSC marks memo
- Parent’s marriage certificate
Fee structure to obtain a birth certificate in Telangana is tabulated here:
Birth Certificate application in Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC)
|Rs. 25 per transaction + Rs.5 per additional copy||Rs.20 per copy of the certificate||Rs. 45 + Rs. 25 per additional copy|
|Birth Certificate application in Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration Government of Telangana (C&DMA)|
Rs.35 per transaction + Postal charges
Note: Rs.25 for category A
|Each copy Rs. 50 for the first 4 copies and From 5th copy onwards Rs. 100|
Rs. 35 + Panchayat level + Rs.10 copy
Municipality Rs. 50 for first 4 copies) and From 5th copy onwards Rs. 100
Late registration of birth
Rs. 35 per transaction
year of late
Rs. 35 + Rs.5 for every additional year of late Registration
Birth Certificate Corrections
|Rs. 35 per transaction + Rs.5 per additional copy + Postal Charges|
Rs. 60 + Rs. 20 per copy of the certificate
Rs. 95 + Rs.25 per additional copy
Registration of Birth
Every birth in Telangana should be registered to concern C&DMA or Panchayat by hospitals, medical institutions or by the head of the family. Once the birth is registered, birth details will be updated correspondingly to State Birth Records.
The birth certificate will be issued only if the entry (birth details) found Registered in Birth Records of Telangana. Name of the child can be included later in the birth certificate by applying.
Check Birth Details in Records
Before applying for a Birth certificate, the applicant needs to confirm that birth details are available in Telangana birth records. Follow the procedure given below to search for birth details online in Telangana birth records.
Step 1: Visit the Unified Birth and Death Registration Management Information System (UBDMIS) official site.
Step 2: From the citizen section, select ‘search birth details’ option. The page will redirect to next page.
Step 3: In the new page, select Registration unit from the drop-down menu.
Step 4: Provide the following details to check the birth details:
- Month and Year of Birth
- Gender of child
- Name of father, mother and child
- Place of Birth
- Address at the time of Birth
- Permanent Address
- Hospital Name
Step 5: After providing all mandatory details, click on submit.
If the birth details are available in birth records, the applicant is eligible to apply for the birth certificate. If the details are not found, they need to contact nearby C&DMA or Panchayat.
Apply for Birth Certificate
To get a birth certificate in Telangana, follow the procedure given below:
Step 1: To register a birth duly filled application form along with all documents should be submitted to concern MeeSeva centre by hospitals, medical institutions or by the head of the family.
Step 2: MeeSeva centre operator will scan the documents and apply for birth certificate online.
Step 3: Pay fee for the birth certificate, the operator will give a receipt for transaction and application ID.
Step 4: At the time of applying, the applicant needs to give details regarding certificate delivery modes. They can get certificate directly from MeeSeva Centre, or certificate will be sent through courier to registered address from GHMC office.
Step 4: The applicant will get an SMS to the registered mobile number if the application is accepted.
Step 5: In case of getting a certificate from MeeSeva centre, the Birth certificate will be issued on the same day, for sending couriers it will take 5 days from date of application.
To know the status of the application, go to UBDMIS website of Telangana. Select the MeeSeva application status option from the home page.
Enter the MeeSeva application number, the applicant will get the status of the application.
Late Registration of Birth Certificate
In case of late registration of birth, separate application form need to be submitted for obtaining a birth certificate in Telangana.
Duly fill the application form and submit it to concern MeeSeva centre along with following documents and fee prescribed below:
- Non-availability certificate issued by the Grama Panchayat or Municipal Commissioner
- Ration card or Food Security Card copy
- SSC marks memo
- A self affidavit stating that the reason for late registration.
After processing the application form, Registrar will issue the birth certificate.