Scheme for Establishment of Poultry Units
Scheme for Establishment of Poultry Units
Animal Husbandry plays a pivotal role in generating income for the agricultural sector, which is the backbone of the Indian economy. Therefore, to enhance poultry production in the State and make poultry farming more profitable, the Government of Haryana has proposed to set up poultry units in all districts of the State. The scheme for the establishment of poultry units will provide self-employment opportunities as the unemployed persons would be assisted by way of establishing poultry units. In this article, we look at the Scheme for the Establishment of Poultry Units in detail.
Also, read about Poultry Venture Capital Fund Scheme
Objectives of the Scheme
The objectives of creating new poultry units are as follows:
- To generate self-employment opportunities through poultry farming activities.
- To up-gradate and develop poultry breeds available in the State.
- To increase income generation opportunities for an economically weaker segment of society.
- To improve the nutrition status of beneficiaries and their family members.
Features of the Scheme
The salient features of the poultry scheme are listed below:
- The scheme for the establishment of poultry units is a credit-based scheme where the commercial banks under Agriculture Finance would finance the poultry units.
- Under this scheme, the State Government has fixed a target of establishing 1000 poultry units in the State.
- These poultry units would acts as ready ATM because the birds and eggs can be sold at any time anywhere with payment of cash.
- The Haryana Animal Husbandry Department provides the facilities for marketing poultry and its products.
The following are the conditions to be satisfied by the applicant to participate in the scheme.
- The applicant must be an unemployed belonging to the rural area.
- The applicant must be the resident of Haryana state.
- The applicant must belong to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) category.
- The applicant or family member of the applicant should not be a part of any Government or semi-government contracts.
- The applicant holding land of more than 2.5 acres is not eligible.
- Families that possess housing facilities to rear livestock but no livestock is eligible to apply for this scheme.
- Also, widows are eligible for this scheme.
Subsidy for the Scheme
The financial assistance provided under this poultry scheme are tabulated below:
|1||Strengthening of the infrastructure of Government Poultry Hatchery, Hisar like the purchase of Hatcher, Setter and other related items, Purchase of 500 chicks for parent stock and feeding cost etc.||Rs.3 lakhs|
|2||Rearing of 50000 chicks for ten days at the rate of Rs.30 per chick||Rs.15 lakhs|
|3||Supply of two water drinkers, two feeders to the beneficiary family and transportation charges of chicks||Rs.5 lakhs|
- To obtain maximum profit from poultry farming, there is a need to improve the poultry framing by introducing sturdy poultry birds, which can survive when raised with low inputs.
- Therefore, the department from its hatchery will provide 8-10 days old birds to each beneficiary family at free of cost.
- Further, provision has also been made for the supply of two water drinkers and two feeders to the beneficiary family at free of cost.
- In addition to above, provision has also been made to the beneficiaries for the transportation of chicks.
- Two feeders and two water drinkers would be purchased by Deputy Director of the district concerned, and the same would be delivered to the beneficiaries.
Implementation of the Scheme
The department would serve the beneficiaries in establishing poultry units belonging to the group of landless agricultural labourers, small farmers, and other economically weaker sections of the society. The beneficiaries will be supplied with the chicks by the concerned Deputy Directors to the Assistant Director Government of Hatchery, Hisar. The applicant can apply to the Veterinary Surgeon, I/C Government Veterinary Hospital in the prescribed format. Further, the Government Poultry hatchery at Hisar will be strengthened to produce quality chicks of low-cost input technology suitable for poultry farming in the State. To strengthen the poultry hatchery, the fund of Rs.30 lakhs has been allocated by the Government for the purchase of Setter, Hatcher and other related items etc. Chicks will be reared at Government Hatchery, Hisar and after that would be supplied to the beneficiary in the State of Haryana with two water drinkers and two feeders. The list of beneficiaries would be supplied by the Deputy Directors to the Assistant Director concerned of Hatchery, Hisar.
The following documents must be produced to apply for this scheme:
- Aadhar card
- Residential proof
- Ration card
- Land proof (sale deed, 7/12)
- Passport size photograph
- An affidavit stating that the person is unemployed
The procedure for registering under this scheme is explained in detail.
Step 1: The applicant has to access the home page of the SARAL portal to apply for the scheme.
Step 2: Provide the necessary details for user registration in the portal.
Step 3: After providing details, click on the validate button to receive an SMS and email regarding the login credential. Using this login credential, you can log in to the portal.
Step 4: After logging into the portal, the applicant can select the respective scheme from the list.
Step 5: Now, the application form the establishment of poultry units will be displayed on the next screen.
Step 6: Fill in the application form with all the details and submit the form along with the documents required.
Step 7: On successful submission of application, the application ID will be generated.
Step 8: The applicant has to note down the application reference ID to track the status of the application.
Note: The application form can be obtained from the downloaded from the copy given below.Screenshot from 2019-09-21 16-39-59
Track Status of Application
The applicant has to follow the below-mentioned steps to check the application status.
- From the home page of SARAL Portal, the applicant needs to click on Track option. A new window will be displayed, select the department and service from the drop-down menu.
- After providing the application reference number, click on the check status button to view your application status.
For further queries related to schemes, the applicant can contact the Antyodaya SARAL Helpline -1800 2000 023.