Mukhyamantri Kisan and Sarvhit Bima Yojana
Mukhyamantri Kisan and Sarvhit Bima Yojana
The Uttar Pradesh Government has proposed the Mukhyamantri Kisan and Sarvhit Bima Yojana for the welfare of farmers and their families. Under this scheme, the State Government provides cashless treatment up to Rs.2.5 lakhs to poor farmers at government hospitals, health centres and other empanelled selected private hospitals. This article explains about the Mukhyamantri Kisan and Sarvhit Bima Yojana in detail.
Also, read about Yeshasvini Farmers Health Care Scheme
Objectives of the Scheme
The main objective of the scheme is given below:
- To provide social security and financial support to people belonging to weaker sections of society.
- To lessen the hardships of farmers and to improve their living conditions.
Features of the Scheme
The features of the Mukhyamantri Kisan and Sarvhit Bima Yojana are as follows:
- Under the scheme, an insurance cover of up to Rs.5 lakhs is provided to the beneficiary in accidental death or disability.
- The farmer or his family member is provided free treatment up to Rs.2.5 lakhs.
- Under the scheme, financial assistance of Rs.1 lakh is provided in case of fracture in an accident.
- Under this scheme, the beneficiaries are provided will full benefits even if the accident happens outside the state.
- Under this scheme, the beneficiary is provided financial assistance of up to Rs.2.5 lakhs in the event of an accident.
- This scheme facilitates the beneficiaries under cashless treatment.
- Under this scheme, all beneficiaries are provided with insurance care cards of Mukhyamantri Kisan and Sarvhit Bima Yojana.
- The persons of Below Poverty Line (BPL) families are not required to give income certificate to get the benefit of this scheme.
- The benefits of Mukhyamantri Kisan and Sarvhit Bima Yojana can be availed in private hospitals, SN medical colleges and district hospitals in Uttar Pradesh.
- Under this scheme, assistance is also provided in the event of snakebite or any physical damage by a wild animal.
To know about National Agricultural Insurance Scheme click here
Benefits under the Scheme
The farmers can avail the following benefits through this insurance scheme:
- In the event of accidental death or disability of head of the family, the insurance company will afford insurance coverage of Rs.5 lakhs.
- In the event of an accident, beneficiaries can avail cashless treatments benefits of up to Rs.2.5 lakhs. Also, if required an additional amount of Rs.1 lakh as additional assistance would be provided for funeral expenses.
- The farmers can avail free treatment in all Government hospitals and empanelled private hospitals around 1540 hospitals will engage in cashless treatment under the scheme.
- The facility of primary treatment of up to Rs.25,000 to accident patients in all nearest hospitals is given.
- Also, the accidents occurring outside the vicinity of the state would be covered.
Note: This facility is provided through insurance care card in select hospitals only. The applicants must check the with the concerned officials in this regard at the time of applying for the scheme.
The eligibility criteria to obtain the benefits under Mukhyamantri Kisan and Sarvhit Bima Yojana are specified here:
- The farmer must be the permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh state.
- The farmer must be in the age limit of 18 to 70 years at the time of applying for the scheme.
- The annual family income of the farmer should be less than Rs.75,000 per annum.
- The farmers should possess a bank account to get the benefits under this scheme.
- The farmers should be registered as account holders or co-account holders in Khatauni.
Note: Khatauni is the list of total village land owned by the head of the family/single family using Agriculture related legal document (Khasras).
The below following documents are to be furnished for obtaining insurance policy:
- Address Proof: Aadhaar Number, legal Passport, Utility bill, Property tax bill, etc.
- Age Proof: Birth certificate, Voter id, PAN card, Aadhaar card, Driving licence, etc.
- Copy of death certificate
- Copy of heir certificate
- Copy of FIR report
- Copy of applicant ration card
- Copy of income certificate
- Letter Khasra Khatoni
- Copy of bank passbook
- Copy of disability certificate (if required)
- Any other documents (if applicable)
To apply for the Mukhyamantri Kisan and Sarvhit Bima Yojana, follow the below-given steps:
Step 1: The applicant has to access the official website of the Uttar Pradesh Government to download the application form.
Step 2: To download the application form, click on the ‘Download’ button, which is under the option ‘scheme’.
Step 3: In case of accidental death of the head of the family, the applicant has to download claim form-1.
Step 4: In case of disability of farmer family head or earner, the applicant has to download claim form-2.
Step 5: Before getting the Insurance Care Card, this form will have to be filled to avail first aid benefits in unlisted hospitals. The maximum assistance of up to Rs.25,000 can be availed for the patients admitted to such hospitals. After completion of treatment, insurance companies will reimburse this amount through submission of claim form-3.
Step 6: Before getting the Insurance Care Card, this form will have to be filled to avail treatments in empanelled hospitals. After completion of treatment, insurance companies will reimburse this amount through submission of claim form-4.
Step 7: In case of accidental death of the head of the family after the creation of the insurance care card, the applicant has to apply through claim form-5.
Step 8: In case of disability of farmer family head or earner after the creation of the insurance care card, the applicant has to apply through claim form-6.
Note: This claim form has to be submitted to the District Deputy Commissioner/District Collector/the Social Welfare Department of the State along with the necessary documents.
The application form for the Mukhyamantri Kisan and Sarvhit Bima Yojana is reproduced below in the pdf format:Screenshot from 2019-09-27 17-44-37
For further queries related to Mukhyamantri Kisan and Sarvhit Bima Yojana, the applicant can contact the given number: 1800 3070 1520.