Mukhya Mantri Krishi Sa Sajuli Yojana
Mukhya Mantri Krishi Sa Sajuli Yojana
The Government of Assam has introduced a new scheme in the budget Mukhya Mantri Krishi Sa Sajuli Yojana for the farmers in the state. This scheme intends to provide financial assistance to the farmers for procurement of farm tools. Under this scheme, the Assam government will cover a total of five lakh farmers in the state. In this article, we look at the Mukhya Mantri Krishi Sa Sajuli Yojana in detail.
Objective of the Scheme
The following are the objective of the Mukhya Mantri Krishi Sa Sajuli Yojana.
- To promote farm mechanisation for the cultivation of the different crop.
- To perform the transfer of technology to the farmer’s field.
- To enlarge the production and productivity of different crops through farm mechanisation.
- To increase the profitability of farmers besides saving in labour and time.
- To develop the scientific cultivation practices by encouraging farmers in procuring scientific farm tools.
Features of the Scheme
The features of Mukhya Mantri Krishi Sa Sajuli Yojana are as follows:
- This scheme grants financial assistance up to Rs.5000 per farmer.
- The number of beneficiaries will be a total of 5 lakh farmers
- The assistance is to procure farm tools farm implements.
- The scheme will be implemented on Direct Benefit Transfer by electronic transfer into accounts of the beneficiaries.
- The selection of beneficiaries will be made by a District Level Committee headed by the Deputy Commissioner of the District. The Principal Secretaries will chair the DLC in case of BTAD and Autonomous Districts.
- The Scheme will be executed under the supervision of the State Level Monitoring Committee chaired by the Agriculture Production Commissioner.
The eligibility criteria for applying the Mukhya Mantri Krishi Sa Sajuli Yojana are listed below.
- Only small and marginal farmers are eligible for the benefit under the scheme.
- The beneficiary should be more than 21 yrs old.
- He or she should be involved in cultivation for at least three consecutive years.
- The beneficiary should be a resident farmer.
- All KCC cardholders are eligible.
- The applicant or beneficiary should have a live bank account.
- Only one farmer per family shall be eligible for the benefit under the scheme.
- Tenant farmers one sharecroppers may also be considered subject to a minimum area of cultivation, say 1 acre 1 3 bighas.
Application Procedure for the Scheme
To register for Mukhya Mantri Krishi Sa Sajuli Yojana, follow the steps mentioned below:
Visit the Department of Agriculture and Horticulture
Step 1: Kindly visit the department of agriculture and horticulture website of Assam Government.
Download Application Form
Step 2: You can download the application form from the scheme and projects menu.
The application form for the Mukhya Mantri Krishi Sa Sajuli Yojana is attached below in the pdf format for your quick reference.Application-in-English
Complete the Details
Step 3: Fill the application form accurately with the appropriate details and submit it to the agricultural extension assistants (AEA).
Note: If approved by the sanctioning officer then the beneficiaries will receive the amount to their bank account using direct benefit transfer (DBT).
Selection of Beneficiaries
Applications will be collected by the AEAs along with Bank account details of the beneficiaries along with the mobile numbers, if available. The beneficiaries will be selected GPNDP wise. A Gaon Panchayat wise list of beneficiaries may be compiled by the ADOs concerned and will be placed before the District level committee after verification. DLC will approve the list of farmers from AEAs/ ADOs. SC/ ST farmers will be selected as per the State Reservation Act, i.e. SC-7%, ST (P) 10% and ST (H)-5%. After approval, the beneficiary list will be sent to the Director of Agriculture along with bank account details and the mobile number details.
Also read about Kisan Anudan Yojana.