The Central Government of India has initiated an e-market platform named “e-Rashtriya Kisan Agri Mandi (e-RaKAM)” which enables the farmers to sell their agricultural products through auction. This digital platform aims to create better marketing opportunities to sell their products through a competitive and transparent manner along with online payment facility for the buyers. Through the initiative, the Government aims to bring together the farmers, PSUs, civil supplies and buyers on a single platform to ease their selling and buying process of agricultural products. Let us look in detail about the eRaKAM registration in detail.
To know about Government E-Marketplace – Seller Registration Guide
The “e-RaKAM” online platform was launched to provide e-governance services to the farmers. The objective is to bring transparency at all levels in the food grain procurement process, to enhance ease of doing business to the traders and to empower the farmers by providing real-time information and timely payment.
Also, read about the Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC)
Features and Benefits of e-RaKAM
Following are the primary features and benefits of an e-RaKAM online portal that are listed as follows:
- Through this portal, the farmers can sell/ buy agricultural products to anyone across the country.
- It is a single platform where farmers, Farmers Producer Organisations (FPOs), Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs), Civil supplies and buyers can sell and buy agricultural products under one roof.
- It provides access to farmers, buyers, processors and exporters where they can avail Integrated Logistics Services in the larger market and also enables them for direct participation which reduces the intermediary cost.
- It promotes the interest of the farmer and also facilitates the buyers.
- It aims for the uniformity in agriculture marketing through the process of streamlining of procedures across the integrated markets.
- The middlemen in the purchase crops will be reduced and there won’t be any need to pay commissions to the middleman in the purchasing process of crops.
- In the first phase pulses, oilseeds and other agro products will be made available for e-platform through e-RaKAM.
- Under this portal, there are more options for the selling of agricultural produce and making competitive returns.
- Through the initiative, e-RaKAM centres have also been established in a phased manner all over the country to facilitate the farmers for the sale of their agricultural produce.
- It empowers the farmers to work accordingly to the real-time scenarios so that the farmers can be avail timely payments and more benefits.
- The farmers will get paid through e-Payment directly into their bank accounts.
Following are the criteria requirements to register under the online portal of e-RaKAM:
- All farmer-beneficiaries of the country are eligible.
- The farmer applicant to be above 18 years of age to register under the portal.
- Framers including landlord, lessee or tenant on rent.
- Traders, Market Committees, Government agencies, Procuring Agency/ Purchasers, Commission Agents, Buyers, Processors and Exporters are also eligible for registration under this portal.
The farmer applicants must attach the below following documents to apply for the registration process under the portal:
- Identity Proof: PAN, Aadhar, Driving License, Voter Identity Card, etc.
- Address Proof: Aadhar card, legal Passport, Utility bill, Property tax bill, etc.
- Passport size photograph
- Land/property details documents
- Bank account statements
- Any other documents (if applicable)
Terms and Conditions for Sale
The below following are the specific terms and conditions for the sale of Pulses/ Oilseeds Price Support Scheme (PSS) Kharif prescribed hereunder:
- Invitation for Bids: The National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Limited (NAFED) invites bids from interested Buyers of Pulses/Oilseeds PSS. By participating in the e-auction process, the Buyer has to accept, confirm, read and understood all the terms and conditions contained herein and agree to abide by the same.
- Items, Quality and Quantity: Interested Buyers may visit the respective warehouses for inspection of the goods prior to the bidding process, with intimation to NAFED officials.
- Price to be Quoted: The Price is to be quoted in delivered weight and the quality basis on “As is where is” basis. The evaluation and finalization of bids received shall be made on the basis of the highest price quoted by the bidders. Price quotation will be in Rs/Quintal. The price quotation would be on “Net Weight Basis”. GST will be applicable on Buyers over and above the price quoted. Other taxes, Levies, cess, etc. if any will be charged extra from the buyer as applicable as per actual.
Online Registration Procedure
Follow the below steps for the registration under the eRaKAM portal.
Step 1: The applicant will have to access the e-RaKAM portal for online registration.
Step 2: Now click the Registration link in the homepage and make the registration as buyer, seller and admin.
Step 3: If the farmer and looking to sell their agricultural products, select the “Register as Seller” link.
Step 4: On clicking on the link, that directs to the instructions page, after reading the instructions, the applicant has to click on the Proceed for the Registration link.
Step 5: The page will again redirect to the new registration page as displayed below:
Step 6: The farmer applicant has to fill out the registration form in a prescribed format. The form needs to be filled with a few the following details:
- Company Name
- Permanent address
- Mobile number
- Email address
- Payment Details
- GST number
- Billing Contact Address
- Administrative Contact Address
- Bank Details
Note: In case of any provision of wrong information, the application will be rejected.
Step 7: After entering all the requested details, click on the “Submit” button.
Step 8: Now the farmer applicant will have to upload the photographs and documents specified above.
Step 9: After getting registered, the farmers can upload the information of their products along with the price and sell in global markets.
All bidders at the final stage of the e-auction session must remain valid for a period of 1 working day after the completion of the auction session. NAFED will provide its consent on the e-auction results on next working day after which, a system-generated mail will be sent to all successful bidders on the registered email addresses as per the MSTC records.