Chhattisgarh Death Certificate
Chhattisgarh Death Certificate
The death certificate is an official report issued by the concerned State Government to certify the deceased state of a person. Registration of death is mandatory under the Chhattisgarh Government as per the provisions of Registrations of Death Act, 1969. In this article, we view the procedure for obtaining Chhattisgarh death certificate in detail.
Also, know about the procedure for applying of Chattisgarh Birth Certificate
Purpose of Death Certificate
Purpose of obtaining death certificate is explained below:
- To confirm the time and date of death
- To prove the fact of death for relieving the individual from social, legal and official obligations
- To establish the claim on the property
- To enable settlement of property inheritance, and
- To authorize the family to collect insurance and other benefits.
Registration of Birth and Death Act,1961
Every birth and death occurred within the concerned state, or UT government needs to be registered within 21 days of its occurrence. The Municipal Corporation in Chhattisgarh is responsible for issuing the death certificate under the State Government.
Person Responsible for Reporting Death
The person required to register death are listed below:
- If a death has taken place in Government hospital, private hospital, nursing homes, medical institutions, such death are to be reported by the person in charge of institutions within 21 days of death to the concerned Registrar.
- If the death has taken place in the home, it is responsible for the head of the family to report such deaths within 21 days to the Sub Registrars.
The person can apply for a death certificate by remitting a processing fee of Rs.30/- per copy.
At the time of submitting the application form, furnish the following documents:
- Order of first-class magistrate or any executive magistrate.
- Certificate of Doctor / Draftsman from cremation Ghat
- Certificate issued by ward members or doctors
- Permission letter
- Death notice form
- Form 4 (death in a hospital)
- Form 4A (in case of an accident)
- Self-certified letter or credit
Offline Application Procedure
To register for the death certificate through offline mode are explained below:
To obtain the death certificate, the applicant has to visit the Municipal Corporation office or gram panchayat office. One needs to submit the death certificate application form along with the prescribed documents as required. After applying, an acknowledgement slip will be given to the applicant for further reference.
Online Application Procedure
To register for death certificate online, follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: The applicant has to visit the official website of Chhattisgarh Government.
Step 2: Click on “Certificate Services” option from the service menu, which is visible on the home page of the portal.
Step 3: After selecting the certificate service option, a page will open with “List of Service”.
Step 4: Now click on “Death Registration and Certificate” from a number of the list.
Step 5: In the next page, click on the “Login “ button by providing the user id and password.
Step 6: If registering for the first time, the applicant needs to click “Click Here For New Registration” and then the registration form will appear on the screen.
Step 7: The user has to fill up the registration form to create the account and log in again into the portal.
Step 8: Then apply for a death certificate by clicking on the “Death Registration and Certificate” option.
Step 9: Now, the user has to fill up the application form and attach the documents required for successful registration.
Note: Upon submission, the applicant will receive the reference number as an acknowledgement.
Track Application Status
To check the online status of the application, the applicant must go to the official website of Chhattisgarh e-District. After this, “Click on the status check of application”. After clicking, enter your application number to view the status of your application online.
After verification, the applicant will receive the certificate within seven working days from the date of application.