Baal Aadhaar Card
Baal Aadhaar Card
Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has launched a new variant of Aadhaar card called Baal Aadhaar Card. Baal Aadhaar Card is issued to the children under 5 years of age, and no biometric information is recorded while registering Baal Aadhaar Card. In this article, we look at the Baal Aadhaar Card application procedure in detail.
Benefits of Baal Aadhaar
Baal Aadhaar Card has various benefits for children associated with its use, which is listed below:
- For kid below 5 years of age, the Baal Aadhaar Card can be used as an identity proof while travelling in railways and flights or while staying in hotels.
- Most schools insist on producing a child’s Aadhaar Card for the school admission process.
- In India, the government has made mandatory for the children to receive benefits of mid-day meal facility. This step has helped to save a huge amount of subsidy meant for poor children and also helps the government to remove fake students.
- Make sure that your kid is not missing out any important government subsidised schemes.
Documents Required for Baal Aadhaar
The parents of the child have to provide the below following documents to get their child enrolled for the Baal Aadhaar Card:
- Any Parent has to provide the birth certificate of their newborn child (under 5 years of age) for enrolling the child for Baal Aadhaar.
- Anyone of the parents has to provide their Aadhaar card while registering for their child’s Baal Aadhaar Card as it will be linked with the Aadhar card of the parent.
- In case of a child who is admitted in school, then the parent has to provide the school’s identity card or bonafide statement issued by the school institution. The school ID card can be used as documentary proof in order to enrol for Aadhaar.
Aadhar Card for Children Over 5 Years of Age
If the child is over five years of age, biometric authentication is mandatory for the new updation of the child’s Aadhaar card. Also, when the child at the age of 15 years, another biometric updation is required for the Aadhaar Card. Fingerprints of your child, a digital photograph, and iris scan will be taken during the enrollment process.
Later on, biometric data and fingerprints have to match. In case it does not match, the child will have to get this data updated. At the age of 15, this biometric process should be updated for the aadhaar card.
Online Registration Process of Baal Aadhaar Card
The Baal Aadhaar Card can be registered online by visiting the UIDAI’s official portal. In case, if the user has not registered their mobile number with the UIDAI portal, you will have first to link your mobile number with Aadhaar. The parent needs to follow the specified steps to register for the aadhaar card of their child.
Login to the Website
Step 1: The applicant has to visit the official website of UIDAI’s online portal using this link.
Step 2: Then you need to click on the Aadhaar card registration link.
Fill in the Right Credentials
Step 3: Then you have to enter the required details in the portal and have to fill out the right credentials such as child’s name, parent’s phone number and e-mail address, etc.
Step 4: After completing the personal details, you need to provide demographic information such as the state, district, locality, the residence of the parents, etc.
Provide Appointment Date
Step 5: You have to click on the Fix Appointment tab. Then you must schedule the date for the registration of aadhaar card.
Choose a Particular Center
Step 6: The applicant may locate the nearest enrollment centre to update the required details.
Visit Enrollment Centre
Step 7: Then head for the enrolment centre at the fixed date of the appointment.
Attach the Documents
Step 8: Make sure that you have all the mentioned documents handy for the registration process and also take the reference number along with the documents.
Post Verification Process
Step 9: The verification is done by the concerned official, if the kid is 5 years of age, the biometric information will be gathered and, it is linked to the Aadhaar card.
Step 10: After the confirmation process, you will be given an acknowledgement number which helps you to track the application.
Aadhaar Card Delivery
Step 11: Once the verification is completed, you will be notified through SMS to your registered mobile number.
Issuance of Baal Aadhaar Card
Step 12: After all the above process, within 60 days of receiving the SMS, the Baal Aadhaar Card will be issued to the child.
Offline Procedure of Baal Aadhaar Card
The applicants must follow the procedures mentioned below to request for the Baal Aadhar card.
Visit Enrolment Centre
Step 1: You have to visit the enrolment centre with a child’s birth certificate for the enrolment process.
Step 2: Then get the enrolment form and provide the aadhaar card number for the authentication process. Child’s ‘Baal Aadhaar’ card will be linked to the UID (Aadhaar number) of his/her parents.
Step 3: Now, you need to give the mobile number that you wish to register with the blue coloured ‘Baal Aadhaar’ card.
Step 4: A photograph of a child is taken during the process. In this case, no biometrics data will be recorded as the age of the child is under 5 years.
Step 5: After the confirmation, you have to collect the acknowledgements slip given.
Step 6: After all the above process, within 60 days of receiving the SMS, the Baal Aadhaar Card will be issued to the child. After all the above process, within 60 days of receiving the SMS, the Baal Aadhaar Card will be issued to the child.
Check/Track Status of Baal Aadhaar Card
The status of the application may be verified or checked only by entering the acknowledgement number. You must follow the below steps to track your request.
- You must visit the official portal and click on the “Check Aadhaar Status” link that is visible on the CheckAadhaar Status
- Then you have to enter the 28 Digit SRN code received to you on your mobile phone via SMS.
- After that, you have to enter the UID number.
- Now enter the security code and then click on the “Submit” button.