ACTIVE Form INC-22A Due Date Extension
ACTIVE Form INC-22A Due Date Extension
The Government of India, through the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, has made it mandatory for all companies registered before 1.1.2018 to file ACTIVE eForm or INC-22A. The due date for filing INC-22A is now 15th June 2019. There have been representations made to the MCA for Form INC-22A due date extension. In this article, we look at the requests made by various stakeholders for INC-22A due date extension in detail.
Extension to June 15th, 2019
The MCA has extended the due date for filing ACTIVE Form INC-22A to 15th June 2019. The relevant notification is reproduced below for ready reference:ACTIVE eForm INC22 Extension
MCA VPD Service
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs on 24/04/2019 has announced the following on their homepage “VPD service will be unavailable from 8:00AM to 08:00PM IST on 24th–25th Apr 2019 for system maintenance. Stakeholders are requested to plan accordingly.”
VPD Service means View Public Documents Service which can be accessed from http://www.mca.gov.in/mcafoportal/viewPublicDocumentsFilter.do
With VPD Service being taken down on the same last date for filing of INC22A ACTIVE eForm, there are more chances for the due date being extended for INC-22A filing.
Representation from ICSI
The Institute of Companies Secretaries of India has made a representation to the Ministry of Corporate Affairs on 22nd April 2019. In the letter, the Institute explains the difficulty faced by certain stakeholders while filing Form INC22A-ACTIVE as below:
- The Auditors’ details not getting prefilled in certain cases.
- Compliance by dormant companies.
- Companies in management disputes.
- Issues faced by corporates having a different financial year.
As the difficulties are still unresolved as on 22nd April 2019, the ICSI has requested the MCA to extend the due date for filing of Form INC-22A. A copy of the letter from ICSI to MCA is reproduced below for ready reference:
The Northern India Regional Council Meet
In addition to the ICSI request, in a discussion today in The Northern India Regional Council of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (NIRC), the following matters were observed:
- Based on the representation from ICSI letter, there is hope for extension/advisory on the submission of Form INC-22A.
- Relief will be given to those who filed Form GNL-2 between 1st April 2014 and 20th October 2014.
- If it is not submitted in the above-mentioned dates, the already filed Form GNL-2 will not be considered and they have to immediately file Form ADT-1 (Information to the Registrar by Company for the appointment of Auditor) without waiting for the clarification from MCA
- If a company filed Form STK-2 (Application by the company to ROC for removing its name from the register of Companies) and the status shows ACTIVE, Form INC22A need to be filed.
- In case of liquidation/amalgamation, there is no need to file Form INC-22A
- If Form ADT-1 is not filed by Government companies which runs under section 139/139(5), the authorities should intimate ROC and file Form ADT-1 with an additional fee as required. There is no exemption for Government Companies.
- No updations can be done through ACTIVE Form (like details of Company) except the E-mail ID
- From-22A-ACTIVE is not required for LLP or Foreign Company having its Branch office in India
- It is advisable to create a separate E-mail ID for the company.
- Two photos of the registered office are needed – One from outside of the premises and another from inside of the premises.
- *One time Compliance* is mandatory for all Companies incorporated on or before 31st December 2017.
- For the purpose of Address of Registered Office, follow the provision of Section 12 of Companies Act 2013.
- If all *STP FORM* (Including ACTIVE FORM) is filled wrongly, new form to be submitted on approval by ROC concerned. Also, the old form must be marked as defective.
- If *Shifting of Registered office* is mentioned as WIP and awaiting for R.D. Approval, then we have to file *ACTIVE FORM*.
Applicability of INC22A Filing
The following companies are required to file INC22A filing:
- The company which is incorporated on or before 31 December 2017.
- If companies whose Financial Statements or Annual Return or both are due and will not be able to file ACTIVE form but with the exception for under dispute companies which includes:
- Strike off Companies;
- Companies with the process of Striking off;
- Companies under Amalgamation;
- Companies under Liquidation;
Consequences of Non-Filing
If a company does not file Form 22A or ACTIVE before 15th June 2019, the company would be marked as ACTIVE non-compliant. When a company is marked as ACTIVE non-compliant, it would not be able to effect any of the following changes:
- Changes in authorized capital (Form SH-07)
- Changes in paid-up capital (Form PAS-03)
- Changes in Director (Form DIR-12) (cessation would be allowed).
- Changes in Registered Office (Form INC-22)
- Amalgamation or Merger (INC-28)
If a company filed Form INC22A or ACTIVE after 15th June 2019, a penalty of Rs.10,000 would be charged. On payment of the penalty and filing of all overdue returns, the company would be marked again as ACTIVE compliant.