Telangana Residence Certificate
Telangana Residence Certificate
Residence or domicile certificate is an official document which is issued by the State Government of Telangana. Domicile certificate serves as proof of a person residing in a particular state. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining a Telangana domicile certificate in detail.
Reasons for Obtaining Domicile Certificate
Reasons for obtaining domicile certificate in Telangana are below:
- Domicile certificate is required to apply for resident reservation quota in the Government sector.
- Domicile certificate is necessary to obtain admissions in educational institutions.
- Domicile certificate is an important document to claim for a ration card.
- The Domicile Certificate is used for many other purposes by the public such as applying for Passport, Visa etc.
- The Domicile Certificate use as proof of your permanent residency.
- The Government Service, as also in the case of jobs where residents are preferred.
The eligibility conditions to obtain a domicile certificate from the Telangana Government are specified here:
- Any person who is a resident of Telangana.
- Women not formerly belonging to the state but married to a permanent resident of the state.
The applicable charges for domicile certificate are as follows:
- The applicant has to possess a fee of Rs.10/- for an application form.
- The applicant has to possess a fee of Rs.35/- for service charge and issuance of domicile certificate.
When applying for a domicile certificate, the following documents have to be submitted along with the application form.
- Residential proof of land or rented house (photocopy of land deed/rent receipt copy).
- Application form.
- House Tax, Telephone Bill or Electricity Bill.
- Identity Proof (PAN card, Driving license, Voter card, Ration card, Passport).
- Birth Certificate.
- Passport size photograph.
Application Procedure for Domicile Certificate
To apply for domicile certificate in Telangana, follow the steps specified below:
Step 1: The applicant needs to visit the official website of the Telangana Government.
Step 2: Now, the applicant can download the residence application form from the portal.
Residence General application formform noe-min
Residence Passport application formResidence Passport Apllication (1)-min
Step 3: Fill the application form with appropriate details without any mistakes.
Step 4: The applicant has to provide the following details in the application form like
- Name and address.
- Family details.
- Aadhar card number.
- Contact number.
- Residence details.
Step 5: Now attach the specified documents along with the application form.
Step 6: After applying, the applicant has to submit the duly filled application form with documents to the nearest meeseva centre.
Step 7: Upon submission, the applicant will receive the transaction number to the registered mobile number informing the details about your domicile certificate on successful registration.
Note: The application has to make a note on transaction Id to check the status of the application through online.
Track Application Status
To check the status of the domicile certificate application form proceeds, as mentioned below:
- The application has to revisit the Meeseva portal.
- Enter your Transaction ID or application number and then click on “Go.”
- Now the applicant can view their application status.
Note: Once the status of the application is approved, the applicant will receive the residence certificate within seven days from the date of application.