Telangana Death Certificate
Telangana Death Certificate
A death certificate is an essential document issued by Government to record a person’s death and stating the date, fact and cause of death. According to the Registration of Birth & Death Act, 1969 every death has to be registered with the concerned State Government and death certificate will be issued to nearest relatives of the deceased. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining a Telangana death certificate in detail.
Registration of Birth & Death Act, 1969
Registration of Birth & Deaths Act, 1969 provides the regulation for registration of death in India. As per the provision of this Registration of Birth & Death Act, every death should be registered with the concerned state Government within 21 days of occurrence. The following are the relevant authorities for registering a death in Telangana:
- Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation
- Commissioner and Director of Municipal Administration Government of Telangana
Purpose of Obtaining Death Certificate
A death certificate is mandatory for the below-given purposes:
- A death certificate is an important proof for the cause of death of a person
- Death certificate gives information related to the time of death, date of death and place of death of a person
- A death certificate can be used to relieve the person from social, legal and official commitments
- To settle property inheritance, the death certificate is one of the mandatory documents
- A death certificate is enabling the family member of the deceased to collect insurance and other benefits
If a person passed away in Telangana, it needs to be registered with the Concerned Registrar Office to get a death certificate. The explanation for the person responsible for registering a death is below:
- Head of the family need to register, in case the death occurs in a house
- The medical in-charge is responsible for registration if death occurs in a hospital
- Jailer in-charge requires to register a death if it happens in a jail
- In respect of birth and death in a chattram, choultry, hostel, Dharamsala, boarding-house, tavern, barrack, lodging house, toddy shop or place of public resort, the in-charge person of that place has to register
- If a death occurs in a plantation, the superintendent of the plantation needs to register
- In case of a new-born child or body is found deserted in any area, headman of that village or local police station in-charge is responsible for registering such death
Documents required for obtaining Telangana death certificate are below:
- Age proof of the deceased – Birth certificate or SSLC certificate can submit
- An affidavit specifying the date and time of death
- Ration card copy
- Death certificate application form
- Medical Certification stating the causes of death, if required
The Government fee to obtain a death certificate in Telangana is provided below:
|Death Certificate issuance by Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC)||Rs. 25 per transaction + Rs.5 per additional copy||Rs.20 per copy of the certificate||Rs. 45 + Rs. 25 per additional copy|
Death Certificate issuance by Commissioner and Director of Municipal Administration, Government of Telangana (C&DMA)
Rs.35 per transaction + Postal charges
Note: Rs.25 for category A
|Each copy Rs. 50 for the first 4 copies and From 5th copy onwards Rs. 100||
Rs. 35 + Panchayat level + Rs.10 copy
Municipality Rs. 50 for first 4 copies) and From 5th copy onwards Rs. 100
|Late registration of death||Rs. 35 per transaction||Rs.5 for every additional year of late registration||Rs. 35 + Rs.5 for every additional year of late Registration|
|Death Certificate Corrections||Rs. 35 per transaction + Rs.5 per additional copy + Postal Charges||Rs. 60 + Rs. 20 per copy of the certificate||Rs. 95 + Rs.25 per additional copy|
Registration of Death
If a death occurs in Telangana, it should be registered to concern C&DMA or GHMC by the responsible person as mentioned above. After registering a death, details of such death will be updated correspondingly to Telangana state death records.
The Government of Telangana will issue the death certificate only if the entry (death details) found Registered in Death Records of Telangana. In case of late death registration (after 21 days from its occurrence) an affidavit stating the reason for the delay in registration along with fees to be submitted to the concerned Registrar of that area.
Check Records in Telangana
Before applying for a Death certificate in Telangana, it should be confirmed that death details are available in state death records. The applicant can follow the procedure given below to search for death details online in death records:
Step 1: Go to the Unified Death and Death Registration Management Information System (UBDMIS) official site.
Step 2: In the left side of this home screen, the applicant can see the citizen section, select ‘search death details’ option. The page will redirect to the next page.
Step 3: In this new page, select Registration unit from the drop-down menu.
Step 4: Provide the following details to check the death details:
- Month and year of death
- Gender of deceased
- Name of the deceased
- Place of death address
- Address at the time of death
- Permanent address of the deceased
- Hospital name in case of death in hospital
Step 5: After providing all the required details, click on submit.
If the death details are available in death records, then the applicant is eligible to apply for a death certificate. If details are not found, they need to contact nearby C&DMA or Panchayat.
Apply for Death Certificate
To obtain a death certificate in Telangana, follow the procedure explained below:
Step 1: To get a death certificate, duly filled application form along with all documents should be submitted to concern MeeSeva centre by a responsible person.
CDMA APPLICATION FOR DEATH CERTIFICATE
Step 2: MeeSeva centre operator will scan the documents and apply for the death certificate online.
Step 3: Pay fee for the death certificate, the operator will give a receipt for transaction and application ID.
Step 4: At the time of applying, the applicant needs to give details regarding certificate delivery modes. They can get certificate directly from MeeSeva Centre, or certificate will be sent through courier to registered address from GHMC office.
Step 4: The applicant will get an SMS to the registered mobile number if the application is accepted.
Step 5: In case of obtaining a certificate from MeeSeva centre, the death certificate will be issued on the same day, for sending through courier, it would take 5 days from the date of application.
To know the status of the application, go to UBDMIS website of Telangana. Select the MeeSeva application status option from the home page.
Enter MeeSeva application number the applicant will get the status of the application.
Late Registration of Death Certificate
In case of late registration of the death, the separate application form needs to be submitted for obtaining the death certificate in Telangana.
Late Registration of death(For Hyderabad District)
Duly fill the application form submit it to concern MeeSeva centre along with following documents:
- Non-availability certificate issued by the Grama Panchayat or Municipal Commissioner
- Physical document
- Ration card copy
- A self affidavit stating that the reason for late registration.
After processing the application form, Registrar will issue the death certificate.