Rashtriya Bal Kosh
Rashtriya Bal Kosh
The Indian Government has initiated “Rashtriya Bal Kosh” under the Ministry of Women & Child Development to raise funds from the individuals, corporates, institutions and others sources only for the welfare and development of the programme meant for the children. Rashtriya Bal Kosh, also known as the National Children’s Fund which provides the grant support for the kids through a quicker and proficient transfer of utilization. Let us look in detail about the Rashtriya Bal Kosh (National Children’s Fund) in this article.
To know about Backward Region Grant Fund (BRGF)
Objectives of Rashtriya Bal Kosh
The following are the objectives of Rashtriya Bal Kosh that possess only for the welfare of children.
- The primary objective is to enhance the scholarly execution of the youths who are living in the Child Care Institutions (CCIs) that operate according to the Juvenile Justice Act, 2015.
- The Child Care Institutions (CCI) give care and assurance to the vagrants, discovered kids, and support those are in trouble with a decent chance to mould youngsters setting them up for the productive business which leads for prompting quality life in future.
- This programme will empower the youngsters to learn more practical skills which would help their capacity and ability to build up their self-reliance and to go up against the difficulties.
- The scheme aims to make an empowering environment by giving impartial opportunities and further the quest for perfection throughout everyday life.
- The applicant must be seeking the scholarship which is sheltered in Child Care Institutions are qualified to apply.
- The CCI ought to be registered under the Juvenile Justice Act 2015 are eligible to apply under this scheme.
- The applicant ought to have the least regular checks around 55% in his/her last examination of the past class.
- The school head will be responsible for the concerned establishments where the tyke is seeking after the examination, they should affirm the enlistment of the understudy and 75% of least participation on a yearly premise to empower arrival of the grant. In the event that the understudy meets all the prerequisite as specified above and didn’t secure the location in the legitimacy rundown of 100 understudies, at that point, the permit will not be granted to get the grant.
- The applicants who are seeking their investigation from the 9th standard onwards are eligible to apply for the grant.
- The applicant must possess an Aadhar to be linked with their bank account in the Nationalized bank.
- The applicant will be getting 50% of total scholarship money in case of girl students.
- The child must not be assisted by any other sources regarding education, on a regular basis.
To know about the National Child Labour Project (NCLP) Scheme
Scale of Assistance
The financial assistance granted under this Fund are as follows:
- For the class IX and X, the amount provided will be Rs. 700/- per month for a child and a child will be receiving a sum of Rs. 16,800/- before completing the class X.
- For the Class XI and XII, the amount will be Rs. 800/- per month for a child and the child will be receiving the Rs. 19200 before completing the class XII.
Terms and Conditions
- The assistance amount provided under the National Children’s Fund is only to promote the objects and to provide fund to the various programmes for the children those who are affected by the natural calamities, distress, disasters and in difficult circumstances through voluntary agencies and Governments in the areas including the tribal and remote areas in pursuance of the National Charter for Children, 2003.
- The assistance under the scheme will not be provided for the programmes which are funded by the Governments or any other local authority like the Central Social Welfare Board.
- The priority will be given to the projects which are of immediate and crucial importance to children.
- The Projects in which assistance provided for the services to those who are most deprived in the tribal/rural/urban slums or those belonging to the SC and ST and other backward classes.
- The assistance is in nature of the one-time grant. It will be available for the projects proposed up to 2 years duration. There is no provision for the recurring grant or for the assistance for maintenance of a project beyond the project period. The project must be planned that the agency is capable of sustaining the project from its own resources.
- The Applicant Agency to be registered under the appropriate Act, and must have its Constitutions, Memorandum of Association and regular Managing Committee. The applicant agency must also have sufficient experience in the field under which the proposal has been submitted.
- The Applicant Agency must also have 3 years of experience in the field of child welfare and development.
Allocation of funds
The Fund would be spent during a financial year will be only the interest income on its investments and 50% of the donation that is received in the preceding financial year will be on providing the financial assistance to activities that are taken up in furtherance of the objects of the fund. It is proposed that where the Fund receives a donation requiring the entirety of it must be expended within the time frame by the donor, the restriction of utilising only 50% of the donation obtained in the preceding year will not apply.
The applications for the financial assistance from the National Children’s Fund is up to a limit of Rs. 5 lakhs in each case. The application form in the prescribed proforma that is duly completed in all respects to be sent to the below following address:
Secretary-Treasurer, National Children’s Fund,
National Institute of Public Co-operation and Child Development,
5, Siri Institutional Area, Hauz Khas,
New Delhi – 110016.
Note: The application form can be obtained from online and the same has been reproduced below for your reference:
Post by Sinduja Shankar
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.