In India, the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector have been acknowledged as the backbone of the Indian economy and promotes equitable development for all. The Minister of State (Independent Charge) has launched the MSME Delayed Payment Portal or MSME Samadhaan which will enable MSMEs to register cases related to the delayed payments by Central Ministries, Departments, CPSEs and State Governments. In this article, we look at the MSME Samadhaan portal services in detail.
MSME Samadhaan Portal
The primary objective of the MSME Samadhaan portal is to monitor the delayed payments of MSME sector which is reviewed by the administration. It aims at empowering micro and small entrepreneurs across the country to register their delayed payment cases related to the Ministries and Departments under the Union Government as well as Central Public Sector Enterprises so also all the State governments and their Public Sector Undertakings.
Features of MSME Samadhaan Portal
The portal offers various features that can be availed by the Entrepreneurs / MSE. Some of the features are listed below:
- The portal facilitates the entrepreneurs in monitoring the delayed payments effectively.
- The information on the portal will be available in the public domain.
- The MSMEs will also be empowered to access the portal and monitor their cases.
- The CEOs of PSEs and the secretary of the Ministries concerned will also monitor the delayed payment of MSEs and issues in a quick manner.
- Enterprises can register the cases if they do not get the amount within 45 days from PSUs or government agencies.
Micro Small and Medium Enterprises Development Act (MSMED), 2006
The Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Development (MSMED) Act contains various regulation to deal with delayed payment cases of Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs). This act facilitates the development and promotion of micro, small and medium enterprises and also to enhance the competitiveness of MSMEs.
Under the MSMED Act, the prescribed slab rates to determine the status of the enterprise is tabulated below:
|S. No.||Enterprise Types||Manufacturing Industry (Investing in Plant and Machinery)||Service Industry (Investing in Equipment)|
|1.||Micro||The amount that does not exceed Rs. 25 lacs||Does not exceed Rs. 10 Lakh|
|2.||Small||The amount that exceeds Rs. 25 lacs, but less than Rs. 5 Crore||The amount that exceeds Rs. 10 lacs, but less than Rs. 2 Crore|
|3.||Medium||The amount that exceeds Rs. 5 Crore, but less than Rs. 10 Crore||The amount that exceeds Rs. 2 Crore, but less than Rs. 5 Crore|
The below following are the benefits offered to the enterprises those who are registered under the MSMED Act.
- It benefits the enterprises with ease of finance availability from the banks, without the collateral requirements.
- It protects against the payment delay from the buyers and right of interest on payment delays.
- It also facilitates in procuring Government tenders, Stamp duty and Octroi tax benefits.
- It benefits the enterprises with preferential allowance in electricity
- It gives the policy of reservation in manufacturing or production sector enterprises
- It provides the timebound resolution of disputes with buyers through conciliation and arbitration reimbursement of ISO certification Expenses.
The below following are the document checklist in order to file the application of delayed payment.
- You must produce the scanned PDF documents of work orders of Respondent and invoices generated against those orders.
- The document size must not be more than 1 MB.
- A maximum of 3 work orders and 3 invoices can be uploaded.
Application Procedure for Delayed Payment
Kindly follow the below steps to file the application of delayed payment.
Visit the Official Portal
Step 1: You have to visit the official portal of MSME Samadhaan to file the application of delayed payments.
Step 2: Then click on the case filing for “Entrepreneur/ MSE Units” tab that is visible on the homepage of the portal.
Step 3: You will be directed to the new page where you have to enter your Udyog Aadhaar Number.
Step 4: After that, enter your Aadhaar Number or Mobile Number as in Udyog Aadhaar(Only For Assisted filing cases)
Step 5: Then you need to enter the verification code as given on the text image.
Step 6: Then click on the Validate Udyog Aadhaar button
Note: You will receive your OTP only on the email registered during Udyog Aadhaar registration.