Manipur Caste Certificate
Manipur Caste Certificate
Caste certificate is a legal document granted by the Government to certify that a person belongs to a specific caste or community. The respective State Governments issues the Caste certificate (SC/ST) to its residents belonging to scheduled caste, scheduled tribe and other backward community. Therefore, it is recommended that people belonging to such caste obtain this official record to take benefit of the reservations provided by the Government. In this article, we look at the application procedure for obtaining Manipur caste certificate in detail. To know about Non-Creamy Layer Certificate (OBC) of Manipur, click here.
Purpose of the Certificate
Any individual reserved under the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe category can apply for a caste certificate and should obtain the same for various purposes. Some of the purposes are mentioned below.
- Caste certificate is important for students to avail seats under reserved quotas in certain educational institutions and Government entities.
- A caste certificate requires for fee concessions in schools/colleges.
- To benefit from scholarships provided by the Government.
- The Government requires a caste certificate to disburse subsidies for special reservations.
- In terms of employment, caste certificate is obligatory for job seekers, who apply for Government jobs as appointments under reserved quotas.
- To apply for schemes implemented by the Government exclusively for the underprivileged, caste certificate is necessary.
- Caste Certificate must be provided to reserve seats in the Legislatures.
The eligibility criteria for a person to obtain caste certificate from Manipur are below.
- The applicant should be a citizen of India.
- Applicant should be a permanent resident of the State for a minimum period of five years to obtain a caste certificate in Manipur.
- The name of the applicant should be in the SC/ST, SEBC and OBC list issued by the Government of Manipur to apply for caste certificate.
To apply for the caste certificate in Manipur, produce the following document.
- Proof of residence – Ration Card, True Copy of Election Card
- Proof of Identity – Driving License, PAN Card
- Proof of relationship between applicant and parent(s) / guardian/spouse – affidavit of the person
- Certificate of membership in caste/tribe issued by president / Secretary or any other competent authority of the association of the caste/tribe concerned.
- Verification report through the Sub Divisional Officer concerned having jurisdiction over the location of the residential address.
- Proof of citizenship, in doubtful cases
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
Note: The language of the documents presented in evidence of caste should be in a language commonly used in the district existing in the State.
The Revenue Department is the concerned department, and the Deputy Commissioner is the concerned authority for the issuance of the certificate.
The Government of Manipur has extended the validity of caste certificate issued to its citizens for three years.
In the State of Manipur, there is no fee for the service of issuing the caste certificate.
The applicant can apply for Manipur caste certificate either online or offline mode.
Offline Application Process
Step 1: The applicant should visit the Deputy Commissioner Complex with the necessary documents and passport size photograph.
Step 2: Collect the relevant application form from the concerned officer.
Step 3: On duly filling the form, the documents must be attached with the form. After affixing the photograph, the form should be submitted.
Step 4: An acknowledgement slip will be granted to the citizen for further reference.
Online Application Process
The applicant can apply online from their respective place or by visiting nearby Common Service Centre (CSC).
Step 1: To apply for caste certificate, visit the official website of Manipur e-Pramaan Portal.
Step 2: Select the ‘Citizen’ login option on the home page of the website.
Step 3: Click the option ‘Click here Login with e-Pramaan which will redirect to a new page.
Step 5: New user can create a profile by clicking on ‘Create account’ option. The page will redirect to a new page. Register in any of the following options:
- Registration using Aadhar Number
- Registration using Driving License
- Registration without Identity verification (not recommended)
Step 6: If you have selected Aadhar number, enter the Aadhar number; to get an OTP to the registered mobile number. Provide the OTP for verification purpose.
Step 7: The registration page appears. Provide the details such as personal details, contact details, identity details and other additional information. Then, enter the captcha and click submit.
Step 8: On successful submission of this form, a user account is created on e-Pramaan. After registration, log in to the portal using the registered user name and password to apply for caste certificate.
Step 9: Once you login to the portal, Click to Services and select e-District Manipur. Then select the Caste Certificate from the services option. Fill out the application form with required details.
Step 10: Upload the scanned copies of the relevant documents along with your passport-size photograph.
Step 11: On successful submission of the application form, receive acknowledgement slip. Note the application number for future reference.
Status of Application
The applicant can check the status of the application by visiting Manipur e-Pramaan Portal. Select the Application Status option from the home page and enter the application which displays the status.
On processing the application successfully, the applicant will receive a notification to the registered mobile number. Select the option “verify/print certificate” on the home page of the portal. Enter the application number and then click ‘Search’. Verify the certificate and download the caste certificate.