Maharashtra Smart Ration Card
Maharashtra Smart Ration Card
Ration card is considered to be an essential legal document in India that is used for identity and address verification. In line with digital India, the State Governments are introducing technology into the ration distribution and have introduced smart ration cards. The main objective of the smart ration card project is to improve the delivery of providing food grains and other essential items to weak sections of the society at reasonable (subsidized) prices and to exterminate inefficiency in the targeting of beneficiaries. In Maharashtra, the new smart ration card 2018 application form can be downloaded from the official website mahafood.gov.in. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining Maharashtra smart ration card in detail along with the ration card application.
Tricolour Smart Ration Cards
The State Government has introduced tri colour smart ration card as per the following criteria:
Yellow Ration Cards
Yellow colour ration cards are issued only to families who fall under the Below Poverty Line (BPL) category.
Saffron Ration Cards
Families having a yearly income of more than Rs. 15,000 and less than 1 lakh can apply for the saffron smart ration card.
White Ration Cards
Families having an annual income of Rs. 1 Lakh or above can apply for white smart ration cards.
Eligibility for Smart Ration Card
The following are the eligibility criteria for obtaining smart ration card:
- Families having yearly income up to Rs. 15,000 having been included in IRDP list of 1997-98
- The members in the family should not be a doctor, lawyer or an architect or a chartered accountant
- The members in the family should not be a professional taxpayer, a GST taxpayer or an income taxpayer or eligible to pay such tax. (Know more about income tax filing)
- The family should not possess residential telephone and four-wheeler vehicle
- The members in the family should not hold a total of two-hectare rain-fed or one hectare semi-irrigated or 1/2 hectare irrigated land
- The Government has decided to issue BPL Ration Card, temporarily to all the Vidi workers, all members of Pardhi and Kolhati
Documents Required for Smart Ration Card
Ration Card Application Procedure
The below-mentioned steps are the complete procedure to download new smart ration card application form Maharashtra:
Step 1: The user has to visit the official web portal of mahafood.gov.in in this portal of Government of Maharashtra.
Step 2: Then applicants have to click on the download link available on the home page.
Step 3: The Maharashtra new ration card application form will appear on the screen. The application form is below for reference:
Step 4: Now, download or take a printout of application form from the portal.
Step 5: Then, fill all the required detail in the application form and submit the form at the concerned office.
Check Status Online
After applying, the applicant can check the status of the application online. To check on the status, click on the option “Transparency Portal” that is visible on the home page. Then click on the option “Allocation Generation Status”. Enter the ration card details, and then the status of the allocation will be displayed.