Madhya Pradesh FSSAI
Madhya Pradesh FSSAI
The Food and Drugs Administration under the Public Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of Madhya Pradesh is an independent department that offers licensing and registration of Food Businesses in Madhya Pradesh. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining Madhya Pradesh FSSAI (Licensing and Registration) in detail.
To obtain FSSAI registration or license in India, visit IndiaFilings.com.
FSSAI Registration Vs FSSAI License:
Every Food Business Operators should have either an FSSAI License or registration to operate. FSSAI registration is essential for all petty food business operators that have an annual turnover below 12 lakhs or if the production capacity falls below 100 kg/ litre per day. However, FSSAI License is required for businesses that are not classified as petty business or whose annual turnover does not exceed Rs.12 Lakhs. Know more.
All Food Business Operators in the country should be registered or licensed according to the following procedures.
Every petty Food Business Operator should register them by submitting an application for registration in Form A with the Registering Authority along with the required fees. On receipt of the application for registration, the Registering Authority issues a notice for inspection within 7 days and may either grant or reject the application with reasons recorded in writing. The petty food manufacturer should follow the basic hygiene and safety requirements provided in the regulations in order to register. If satisfied with the safety, hygienic and sanitary conditions of the premises during the inspection, the Registering Authority will register within a period of 30 days. The issued registration certificate should be displayed within the premises or any other place where sale/manufacture of food is carried out in case of Petty Food Business. The food safety inspection of the registered establishments will be carried out at least once a year. If registration is denied or if the decision is not communicated within 30 days, the petty food manufacturer can begin the business by later complying with any improvement recommended by the Registering Authority.
Documents Required for Madhya Pradesh FSSAI Registration
The following are the requisites to obtain FSSAI registration certificate.
- Proof of identity – Ration Card, Voter ID Card, PAN Card, Driving License, Passport, Aadhar Card, Senior Citizen Card, Department Issued ID
- Passport size photograph of the Food Business Operator
- Supporting Documents (if applicable):- NOC by Municipality/Panchayat, Health NOC
Fees for Madhya Pradesh FSSAI Registration Certificate
For new registration certificate: Rs.100
For renewal of registration certificate: Rs.100
For duplicate copy of registration certificate: 10 per cent of the applicable fee
Any food business should not be commenced unless a valid license is possessed. An application for the provision of a license should be made in Form B along with the necessary documents and required fees. The license will be provided within a period of 60 days from the date of issue of an application ID number.
Documents Required for Madhya Pradesh FSSAI License
The following documents must be attached along with the application form to obtain an FSSAI license.
- Name list of Directors / Proprietor / Partner / Executive Members of Society or Trust with full address and contact details (Mandatory for Companies only).
- Food category list desired to be manufactured (For manufacturer only).
- Blueprint/layout of the processing unit displaying the dimensions and allocation of the operation-wise area necessary for manufacturing and processing units.
- Name and list of machinery and equipment along with the number, installed capacity and horsepower used (Mandatory for manufacturing and processing units only).
- Authority letter with the name and address of the person responsible along with alternative responsible person nominated by the manufacturer, a collection of samples, packing and dispatch. (For manufacturers and processors).
- Analysis report of water to be used as an ingredient in food from a recognised / public health laboratory to confirm the portability. (Mandatory for manufacturing and processing units).
- Partnership Deed or MOA & AOA along with Incorporation Certificate and list of Directors with the address. Note: In the case of a company, three pages must be uploaded:
- First Page – Certificate of Incorporation
- Second Page – Food business activity authorisation
- Third Page – List of Directors with respective addresses
- No Objection Certificate & Copy of License from the manufacturer (Mandatory for repackers)
- Pesticide residues report of water if packaged mineral water, units manufacturing packaged drinking water or carbonated water from a recognised health laboratory.
- Certificate provided by the Ministry of Tourism (HRACC). (Mandatory for Hotels).
- Documentary proof of turnover or self-declaration of number of vehicles (Mandatory for Transporters)
- FSSAI Declaration Form
- Copy of certificate obtained under the Coop Act – 1861 / Multi-State Coop Act – 2002 in case of Cooperatives. (If applicable)
- Food Safety Management System Certificate or Plan (if any).
- Raw material source for meat and meat processing plants.
- In case of milk or milk products processing units, milk source or procurement plan for milk that includes the location of milk collection centres. (if applicable).
- Photo id proof and address proof of Proprietor / Partner / Authorized Signatory issued by the Government (Optional).
- Proof of possession of premises (Sale deed / Rental Agreement / Electricity Bill) (Optional)
- Recall plan wherever applicable, with details of to whom the product is distributed (optional).
- NOC from Municipality or Local Body (optional).
Fees for Madhya Pradesh FSSAI License
|License Fee||Fees Per Year|
|For Fresh License|
|For Hotels up to 4 Star||Rs. 5000|
|Above 1 million ton production per day||Rs. 5000|
|From 10,001 to 50,000 Litres Per Day of milk or 501 Million Ton to 2500 MT of solid milk production p.a.|
|Below 1 milllion ton production per day||Rs. 3000|
|From 501 Million Ton to 10,000 Litres Per Day of milk or 2.5 Million Ton to 500 Million Ton of solid milk production per annum|
|All Food Service Providers that include Restaurants/ Canteens (in Schools, Colleges, Office, Institutions)/ Caterers/ Boarding Houses/ Clubs/ Banquet Halls with food catering arrangements/ Food Vendors/ Dabbawallas and other food business operators.||Rs. 2000|
|For License Renewal||Depends on the number of years selected.|
|For Amendment of License||Fees for modification of license for 1 year will be charged the same during modification.|
|For Duplicate License||10% of license fees is applicable|
Note: The fees paid for a license by any applicant is non-refundable under any circumstances.
The Food Safety Officer is the registering authority while the Designated Licensing Officer is the competent authority for the issuance of License.
The food license/registration under FSSAI can be applied online in Madhya Pradesh by visiting the official website of MPOnline Limited.
On clicking the ‘food license/registration’ link, the official portal of Food and Drug Administration, Government of Madhya Pradesh appears.
Step 1: Click ‘How to Apply’ option on the homepage of the official portal.
Step 2: The declaration page appears. Click ‘Accept’ to proceed to apply.
Step 3: Select the state where the premise is located, for which the license is applied.
Step 4: Provide required information such as details of the business activities, type of business activity for which the license or the registration is required. Then click Proceed.
Step 5: Clicking on ‘proceed’ will redirect to the portal that provides access to the application. Click on the link ‘Click to apply’ that redirects to the login page.
Step 6: Enter the credentials to login if an already registered user. In other cases, register as a member to apply.
Step 7: The application form for obtaining the license or registration appears based on the service selected.
Step 8: Fill in the form and upload the documents required and click submit.
The applicant business operator can track application by clicking the ‘Track Application’ link on the official website of MPOnline Limited under Food License and Registration.
Renewal of License
Renewal of license should be made 30 days before the expiry of the license delaying of which will attract penalties.
Documents Required for Renewal
- Duly completed Form B
- Annual Audit Report
- Form IX – Nomination of a person along with the Board of Resolution by the company.
Issue of Duplicate Registration or License
The Licensing Authority will grant a duplicate copy of the registration certificate or license during the validity period after receiving the application and payment of the fee (10% of the applicable License fee) from the applicant. The duplicate copy has the word “Duplicate” appearing on it. The Food Business Operator should make the payment through treasury challan or online transfer or any other means as specified by the Licensing Authority.